• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Power Book M1 and Big Sur lets crash my Adobe Cloud App and refuses to install PS 2021

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Power Book with M1 Chip and Big Sur lets Adobe Cloud App crash and refuses to install PS 2021.

The process wheel spinns and spins untill I force to quit.

I wonder about the reason. next I will update Big Sur to 11.2.3.1

Is it possible that the Adobe system does not recognize the new computer ?

great to hear Your experiences. Thanks 

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Thanks, Sammy; if you migrated the Intel apps to the new computer, then that is why you are currently encountering problems.  You can try to download and use the CC Cleaner Tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove the current installation.  

If you have other apps that now have M1 versions available, I would recommend you start over with the migration process.  Migrate any documents and settings to the new computer, and then insta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sammy, process what process did you use when moving to the new MacBook? Did you migrate your applications and settings, or were only the settings transferred to the new computer?

Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html for important information about using Adobe applications on the new processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the normal migration from Mac Book 2015 to the new Mac Book as followed by the migration app managment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Sammy; if you migrated the Intel apps to the new computer, then that is why you are currently encountering problems.  You can try to download and use the CC Cleaner Tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove the current installation.  

If you have other apps that now have M1 versions available, I would recommend you start over with the migration process.  Migrate any documents and settings to the new computer, and then install any needed applications.

Adobe apps, in particular, are not designed to be copied from one computer to another, which is what the migration assistant does. It also makes for a more complicated situation if M1/Arm-based versions of an app are available but are blocked because the Intel version is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that guidline it perfectly solved the problem, well done 

Best Sammy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Sammy, and thank you for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines