• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie buying a Mac - what are minimum requirements for downloading multiple programs?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the Black Friday deal for access to all Adobe programs for $40 per mo. and will be learnig at least 4 (if not more) programs. What is/are the minimum features, size storage/hard drive/memory, etc. I absolutely NEED to have on a new Mac to download multiple programs (at least InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere, maybe more) without problems? Adobe provides system requirements for one individual program, but nothing for multiple programs.

I will be purchasing a new Mac this holiday season and know I have to spend enough in order to use these 4-5 programs - otherwise the whole point is defeated - but I have a pretty limited budget and need some advice from someone that isn't trying to sell me things I don't need. I was looking at a new 2021 Macbook Pro but then a friend suggested that a Macbook Air might be powerful enough so I haven't even narrowed down which product to purchase. 

Can anyone please offer some advice? I'd really appreciate it!!!!

Thanks again!

Kate

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

You're right, there is nothing for multiple programs. Start by checking you meet the requirements for each program. Add together storage space. RAM needs to be at least the "comfortable" figure to run each one. The difference between an Air and a Pro is not so important as the difference between different configurations if memory, storage etc. but these are high end, demanding, professional tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Premiere Pro will need the most powerful computer compared to the other apps you listed:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, there is nothing for multiple programs. Start by checking you meet the requirements for each program. Add together storage space. RAM needs to be at least the "comfortable" figure to run each one. The difference between an Air and a Pro is not so important as the difference between different configurations if memory, storage etc. but these are high end, demanding, professional tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro will need the most powerful computer compared to the other apps you listed:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. icon_smile.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines