• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Subscription Found

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription.  I can log into my account online and see the subscrition is up to date.  When I double click on my RAW file however, the PDApp opens saying no subscrition found.  I log in with the confirmed Adobe ID I just used to access the website and nothing.  I click the 'Have a different Adobe ID?' fill in the same log in info, and access the website, but still not the software.  I click contact Customer Support, which takes me to the site that says my serial number has expired or is invalid. 

Yes my comupter is old, and so is my OS Macbook Pro, Sierra 10.12.6.  I cannot update my PS as it's not compatible with my OS but it worked just fine yesterday, and for the last month.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done steps 1+2 multiple times, but step 3 isn't an option as I cannot update to the latest version of PS - my OS is too old.  PS was working until I closed the app, now it won't open.  I've had a subscription for almost 10 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.  I'm struggling to find the chat field though - I click the link, select canada (my location) and it sends me to a Customer Care page, no chat window.  I tried the phone link (thank you for being so thorough!!) and get to a page that does offer a link to the chat and, surprise - it takes me to the same Customer Care page.  I feel like a rat trapped in a maze HAHA.  Is that the right place??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you use a compliant browser the chat window in the lower right opens when you click the link. if don't know how to enable cookies and popups, try a different browser or phone ot twitter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now waited on hold for 45min and then got disconnected??  This is ridiculous!  The chat function described below doesn't exist in Canada, on any browser, pop-up enabled or not.  While sitting on hold and reading other people's experiences, I learned I'm not the only person with issues finding a real person.  Ridiculous.  I get I'm just one small account, but seriously?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try phone or twitter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called back, only connected to a person once I selected the "activate my account" option, they transfered me to Customer Support.  Rahul was unable to start a screen share with me after trying twice, and then hung up on me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your default browser must support tls 1.2, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

to test your default browser's tls you can use , https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was using latest Google Chrome so should t have been an issue. I'm also not going to wait on the phone for anther 1.5hours to be hung up on or if they won't troubleshoot Photoshop 2018 even if I get a helpful person. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription........the site that says my serial number has expired or is invalid.

So you don't have a subscription! You have been using a Serial Number. Subscriptions do not use or need Serial Numbers. Do you pay monthly or yearly?

What is the "PDApp"?

What Version Numbers of your Apps?

access the website, but still not the software.

Are you tying to download and install?

You will not get any Customer support from Adobe for Apps that have passed  'End of Life'.

The only place you might download old versions is- https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription........the site that says my serial number has expired or is invalid.

So you don't have a subscription! You have been using a Serial Number. Subscriptions do not use or need Serial Numbers. Do you pay monthly or yearly?

I do have a subscription, I pay monthly.  I don't have, nor have I ever had a serial number.  When I click on my raw photo, PDApp opens saying that my trial licence has expired.  I don't have a trial license.  I THINK it has something to do with Creative Cloud because since I did a space tidy of unused filed, Photoshop will not work.  

What is the "PDApp"?

Good question.  A number of sugestions on google, all of them are greek to me.

What Version Numbers of your Apps?

I have Photoshop 2018 downloaded on my Mac.

access the website, but still not the software.

??

Are you tying to download and install?

Neither. I have Photoshop CC 2018 downloaded.  I cannot open any of my raw files as it appears to do a licence/subscription check which sends me into a log in, yes my subscription is valid, try again, no subscription loop.

You will not get any Customer support from Adobe for Apps that have passed  'End of Life'.

The only place you might download old versions is- https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

I don't need to download it.  I need my subscription to be honoured, and them to let me open my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's solved ?

First of all, you can use PS 2019, it's also 10.12 compatible. Why PS 2018 ?

Look PS 2019 Sys-Requirements 

Look also here PDapp.exe - ... 

If you want, you can upload a Mac - System-Report 

Greets

sado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer - Adobe removed all versions before 2021 from their subscrition verification function.  This had nothing to do with me, and everything to do with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't understand that statement in view of the fact that older versions can be used with a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not according at my email exchange with Adobe - they will no longer verify subscriptions for 2018 version - I would love to hear from someone running 2018 though.  My software works no problem - but Adobe won't verify my subscrition for 2018, only 2021 or newer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do mean by, adobe won't confirm your 2018 subscription?  

do really mean to say, adobe doesn't support 2018 (which is old news) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does not support mean to you? To me and Adobe's website it means no tech support, no updates, bug fixes, no new technical content. I would expect my downloaded software to still work in the state it's in - it worked one night, then the next day the subscription didn't verify. That's an Adobe prooblem. Not me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe wants to coerce users to use the latest versions of its products despite the problems this can cause.  to do that they say they will only support (ie, answer questions about) the current version and one earlier.

otoh, adobe continues to allow older versions to activate and run and even makes those older versions available for download and install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me.  How are you able to run 2018?? It keeps asking me to purchase the software again, which I did year ago.  How did you get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me.  How are you able to run 2018?? It keeps asking me to purchase the software again, which I did year ago.  How did you get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines