• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to update to 2021 Creative Cloud apps on iMac 2011

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I can't update to the new suite of Creative Cloud apps (specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) because my iMac is no longer compatible.

It is running os 10.13.6, or High Sierra, and I gather the recent update needs 10.14, or Mojave?

Mojave will not instal on my mac - there do appear to be some suggested ways around it online, but they seem a bit dodgy. 

So, if I want to update my apps legitimately, do I have to now buy a new computer?!

I just wanted to double check this, and find out if there is an official way around this that won't risk any of my work, etc.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So, if I want to update my apps legitimately, do I have to now buy a new computer?!" Yes, if those are the system requirements and you can't meet them. There is no official way round it, but you can continue to run the old apps as long as you want. Apple are driving change very fast. Catalina through out all old apps, and Apple have said they will do it all over again in 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you confirmed by checking Hardware from Apple site?

https://www.apple.com/in/macos/how-to-upgrade/#hardware-requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's a case of planned obsolescence. My 2011 macbook is still working great and now I am forced to buy a new computer because of this same reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines