• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

October 2022 updates not showing

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Wednesday, 27 OCT for me, and I've been watching for Creative Cloud to tell me there are updates available. I'm seeing nothing new for Photosop, Illustrator, or any other app. Photoshop is stuck on version 22.4.2 and I keep hitting the "Check For Updates" button but no joy. Clearly I'm connected to the Internet and Adobe recognizes my account, because for grins I uninstalled Photoshop and had CC re-install it. So that works. My iMac is a late-2015 model and meets or exceeds all the minimum requirements. So what's going on that I'm not getting updates?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Though none of those steps helped, I'm grateful for the suggestions.

The answer turned out to be this: TURN OFF YOUR VPN.

I'm using SurfShark and have it set for a US location (and I am physically located in the US plus my Adobe CC license is US-based). I have no troubles downloading apps, as I did today. I have no trouble connecting to my Adobe account.

The only trouble is with the 2022 updates not showing in my Adobe CC app if —and only if— my VPN is turned on. Clearly this is either a bug that A

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the current Mac OS version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur (11.6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If currently if you dont have any CC apps installed.

Run Cleaner tool and remove all CC apps and reinstall Creative Cloud desktop app and check.

If you have  installed other apps , just remove Creative Cloud desktop app and check.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

You may also contact Adobe Support :

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Click on Chat icon at right bottom corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though none of those steps helped, I'm grateful for the suggestions.

The answer turned out to be this: TURN OFF YOUR VPN.

I'm using SurfShark and have it set for a US location (and I am physically located in the US plus my Adobe CC license is US-based). I have no troubles downloading apps, as I did today. I have no trouble connecting to my Adobe account.

The only trouble is with the 2022 updates not showing in my Adobe CC app if —and only if— my VPN is turned on. Clearly this is either a bug that Adobe engineers missed (why would anyone have a VPN these days?) or else it's something that the software should check for and all the help docs should suggest disabling as a troubleshooting step.

No matter. I'm good now. Perhaps someone else will find this useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing update. Glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines