• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Email Address Associated with Non-Subscription Software

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Creative Suite 5 Master Collection and registered the software at that time, but in the intervening years I've deleted the email account associated with the original registration.  I've had to re-install the software a couple of times on new computers, and thought I was registering the installation with new emails/Adobe accounts, but the Adobe system continues to associate my software with the deleted yahoo account I initially used to register my product with.

I did another reinstall a while back on my newest computer, but never completed updating the Adobe software.  Now I can only update via logging in to my Adobe account and downloading the software there, but...  As described, I can't access that old, now deleted, email account.

Adobe would have records, I suppose, of the reinstalls.  And, I would think they'd be associated with the email accounts I used during the reinstalls.  I also have the original cd's in their original packaging.  I contacted customer support chat and the representative tried to help, but, in the end, suggested I go through the community forum, so I'm here. 

Any suggestions anyone might have of how to associate my product ID's with my current Adobe account email address would be greatly appreciated.  Or any suggestions on how to resolve the inability to update manually would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your email address is irrelevant for your issue.  ie, you don't need to establish proof-of-purchase/ownership to download adobe products.  you'll need that when you activate your software and for pre-cc, you activate using your serial number, not your email address.  (for cc, you need your adobe id = email address.)

your best chance of finding updates for cs5 is to use prodesigntools.com and search there.  and your chances of success are substantially increased by searching for each program you want to update. ie, don't try to update the suite.

p.s. you won't be able to activate cs5 for much longer. cs2, cs3 and cs4 are no longer able to be activated and cs5, cs5.5 and cs6 aren't far behind.

p.p.s when you find the downloads on prodesigntools.com:

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it won't remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines