Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old inaccessible app versions still showing on CC dashboard

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Wondering if anyone else has encountered this bug. All my apps are up to date, and as far as I know I've succesfully uninstalled/removed all older versions but they still show on the Creative Cloud dashboard /In my case After Effects and Acrobat X). I can't open the old apps or uninstall from the dropdown menu, and I can't seem to find them anywhere else on my computer.

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 19.18.37.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-04 at 19.18.49.png

Anyone know how to get rid of these? Just don't want any old versions cluttering up my computer.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Adobe Cleaner tool to wipe all traces of unwanted Adobe apps from your system including old versions of Acrobat, Flash Player, Shockwave, etc...  and then update your Creative Cloud desktop app.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

Hope that helps.

()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, that sounds just like what I need. However I'm running into some problems following the "Important first steps" before using the Cleaning Tool: I don't see a CoreSync folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/ and I'm not able to terminate CoreSync from the Activity Monitor, it just starts back up again instantly.

Are these precaution steps vital or can I use the cleaning tool anyway? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precautions are vital. What do you see in the CoreSync folder? Or is it that you can't find ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can get to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ but there is no CoreSync folder there. However I did find a CoreSync folder in ~/Users/Shared/Adobe/CoreSync and another one in ~/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Sync/CoreSync. The first one contains only a cache_config.xml file and the second one the actual application..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines