• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older Versions of Apps not Showing up in CC 6.10.587 on iMac with OS 10.15.7 Catalina

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this has been discussed before but not with my particular situation.

My Mac is a 2012 era iMac and can only run Catalina (without an Open Core Patch). I had no issues using my paid version of CC with slightly older versions of PP, AE, ME, etc. until a few months ago when my HD crashed. Now, I have a new HD, back on Catalina and am trying to reinstall my apps. Unfortunately the current version of CC,  says ALL of the video related apps are NOT COMPATIBLE with my system and gives me no options for earlier version downloads. And yes, I clicked the box in settings to show older apps.

I have read on here that recent versions of CC only include one older version of each app but I don't even get that option.

Weirdly, I tried open core patch on the same Mac and was running Ventura for a bit. When I did that, the version of CC I downloaded (presumably the same one I have now) showed me various options for older Premiere and other apps, and I was able to download and use them. Unfortunately Open Core messed up my GPU and videos were unviewable, so I had to revert to Catalina. And now I cannot even get a single app that I need.

What is going on here? Is CC just detecting that my Mac is too old, so it won't even show me the options for earlier apps? It's very weird that everything was fine a month ago, and now I am out of luck.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesigntools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links**.

------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously this should have read NOT showing up, not "NOW" but I don't see any options to edit or even delete a post. More wonderful UX from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title edited by moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesigntools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links**.

---------------------------------------------------------------
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

** this support is currently not available. ie, there's a significant gap (between 2019 and last year) in the available previous versions.

opposition to this decision (to limit available previous versions) has been conveyed to adobe officials who are therefore aware of the problems caused by this policy. however, unless/until changes are made, nothing can be done to legally access these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a paid subscription (through work) and the desktop app, with the version in the title. As mentioned, no prior versions are showing as available to download of any apps. Which seems in contrast to the stated options. I had mentioned that I ticked the show older apps option. It still doesn't show, though it did when I was running Ventura, briefly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the cc app will only show the current and one previous major version.  2019 and before are available as described in my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Againn, no previous version is shown at all. So are you saying that because the two most recent versions are non-Catalina compatible, those options are just not shown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, I had been using Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 with Catalina with no issues prior to my HD dying. So this isn't just about pre-2019 apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc 2019 is your option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, I had been using PP 2022 with no issues on Catalina for the past year. Anyway, I found my 2022 apps from a time machine backup pre-crash, and it is working now. No need for ancient 2019 apps. This has been painful though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

save that because it's not publicly available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines