• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Adobe CS6 Encore

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I guess there has been a lot of talk in regards to Adobe Encore CS6 being dropped out of the CC family, and not being supported,but we still want to use it. The issue I have just discovered after wanting to create my recent holiday DVD is that I cannot open Encore even after it asked me to enter my serial number. I looked at my account details which only had the CS3 serial number not the CS6 that was an upgrade many years ago. It now comes up with 'Invalid Serial Number' . I tried talking to Adobe customer service but without and luck . Has anyone found a way around this issue as this seem to be a very common problem being experience by a lot of frustrated user. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Use a 3rd party DVD app to create DVD or Blu-Ray disks.

However these days almost nobody uses or wants disks anymore, they're too much trouble. 

The preferred "new normal" is digital downloads or streaming which can be viewed from ANY web device  -- no special players required.

You can post video online with Creative Cloud Express or your Adobe Portfolio site (free with most paid Creative Cloud plans).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Encore was never activitated BY ITSELF using a serial number... you activated Premiere Pro CS6 with a serial number and the bundled Encore CS6 was activated at the same time

What Adobe did about 2 years ago was stop offering PPro/EncoreCS6 as part of a Premiere Pro subscription... so if you did not already own PProCS6, with a serial number, you could not activate the bundle

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export a compatible file set (audio & video) from Premiere Pro and go here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DVD_authoring_software 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Thanks for the reply but being a reasonable novice I am not 100% of what you are indicating. I just discovered something interesting, that I still had my shortcuts set for Encore CS5, which I previouly used prior to moving CC and getting upgraded to CS6. When I tried it it opened okay but the thought is would it still be compatable with the latest Premiere Pro? But back to what you suggest could you expand on what the process is. I did look at the link and assume it is saying what is available now??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting a compatible file set: Encore reads video and Audio encoded a specific way. https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/encore/using/importing-assets.html

You use Premiere and/or Media encoder to encode the data for what you want to achieve. What is "missing" from the former Premiere versions is probably the dynamic link approach.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

Just the final update on the issue of not being able to Login to Encore CS6. From Adobe (and which I was already aware of) that Encore is no longer supported in any way but also they have turned off the servers that carried out authentication when you tried to log in. Therefore  any serial number you entered when requested was going to come back as Invalid Number. So from Adobe, can't help and therefore Encore isdead in the water.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore was never activitated BY ITSELF using a serial number... you activated Premiere Pro CS6 with a serial number and the bundled Encore CS6 was activated at the same time

What Adobe did about 2 years ago was stop offering PPro/EncoreCS6 as part of a Premiere Pro subscription... so if you did not already own PProCS6, with a serial number, you could not activate the bundle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JP2512 wrote:

Hi Guys

Just the final update on the issue of not being able to Login to Encore CS6. From Adobe (and which I was already aware of) that Encore is no longer supported in any way but also they have turned off the servers that carried out authentication when you tried to log in.

Currently anything down from CS4 to CS2 gots the activation servers phased out. Later versions can still be activated. 

The company owning the rights to Encore pulled the plug and Adobe was no more able to bundle it with their products. At the same time, the need for DVD/Blue Ray disks faded, so there was no incentive to replace the functionallity. 

I've made a lot of VHS video copies in PAL, NTSC, SECAM and PAL-M. I was happy, when I could exchange those by standard DVDs. For a short time I provided the sales teams with DVDs. I never lifted off with Blue-Ray, as at the same time, digital distrubution became dominant. The last bit hardware I distributed was an USB stick. Sticks got connected to TVs and played our videos on trade shows. Now we are using PCs and interactive devices. 

This said, USB sticks and external harddisks should nowadays replace the need for DVDs. I'm not even using DVDs anymore for backup reasons. Cloud is to expensive so I'm using NAS and/or external harddisks.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a 3rd party DVD app to create DVD or Blu-Ray disks.

However these days almost nobody uses or wants disks anymore, they're too much trouble. 

The preferred "new normal" is digital downloads or streaming which can be viewed from ANY web device  -- no special players required.

You can post video online with Creative Cloud Express or your Adobe Portfolio site (free with most paid Creative Cloud plans).

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

Thanks for the advice but I maybe still one of the very that is not on Facebook or any social media apps. I get my excitement by talking direct to people and keeping my brain active by creating and shareing our holidays and adventure by having a good old movie nights when we return. I still like to make a hard copy as opposed to puting it out where I have very little control once it gone into the big blue yonder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

A bit on a tangent but something I'll share from my experience. I crreated a fair share of DVDs and interactive multimedia applications (o CD)  in the past. I also took it for granted that a backup would be additional copies of the CD/DVD. However, years later when looking back at some of these disks, quite a few were corrupt/wouldn't read. So, remember to have your backup somewhere. Cloud-based storage is probably be the safest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my recent holiday DVD

Have you considered uploading it to social media (YouTube, Vimeo, Tik Tok etc) so you can share it easily and anyone that you want to give permission to can view it at any time from any device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines