• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 ships with an old and known vulnerable version of Node JS

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021 ships with an end of support version of NodeJS that is currently vulnerable to a number of vulnerabilities that will not be fixed. This then results in vulnerability warnings in Microsoft Defender and other vulnerability scanning tools.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\node.exe: v8.11.1

I attempted to talk to both Adobe Customer Support and Security Operations about this, and this is my last resort.

For others experiencing the same problem, I am aware that the node.exe executable can be deleted, or even upgrade NodeJS in place - I did want to bring this to Adobe's notice just on the off chance they can rev Node in a future update.

TOPICS
Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.

to report to adobe, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up @kglad 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went on support with the Adobe Engineer.  He said that the node.exe in photoshop was indeed out of date.  He will have it updated on the next photoshop update.

He did suggest copying the node file from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud Experience\libs\ and pasting it into photoshop and replacing it (backing up the old node file first).

This is something you do at your own risk, I will wait for the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines