Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Exit Code:183

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit Code: 183

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 1 error(s), 3 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 183) executing in command 'RunProgramCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop18-Core_x64', version:18.0.1.29

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop18-Core_x64 Version: 18.0.1.29). Error code: '183'

ERROR: CreateProcess failed! Error: 2

WARN: Check and correct file/folder & parent directory permission and then try again. (Failed in GetNamedSecurityInfo)

WARN: Warning (Code = 174) executing in command 'SetPermissionCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop18-Core_x64', version:18.0.1.29

WARN: Unable to run program "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\PhotoshopPrefsManager.exe"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System:

Windows 7 pro SP1 64bit

Everything else has been installed without problems (Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign, etc.), but PHOTOSHOP gives this error. I use a lot Photoshop and i can't work!

PLEASE HELP!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Eduardocd the error is indicating that the current User account is restricting access to required directory.  It appears that it is currently facing errors updating the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\ directory.  I would recommend reviewing the install log to determine the exact location the failure is occurring.  You can find details on how to locate the install log at Creative Cloud download and install errors​.

Once you have located the required directory you can find details o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Please see https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/error-code-183-install-adobe-desktop-apps/m-p/13665765/thread-id/570217 for information on how you can resolve Error 183 error while installing Adobe desktop applications including Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eduardocd the error is indicating that the current User account is restricting access to required directory.  It appears that it is currently facing errors updating the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\ directory.  I would recommend reviewing the install log to determine the exact location the failure is occurring.  You can find details on how to locate the install log at Creative Cloud download and install errors​.

Once you have located the required directory you can find details on how to update the file permissions for the current User account at Error exit code 6, exit code 7 installing Adobe Creative Cloud​.

If you have any questions then please update this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshopprefsmanager.exe is being detected as malicious by our AV. Can you please provide the official hash of this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue , I disabled my antivirus software and it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/error-code-183-install-adobe-desktop-app... for information on how you can resolve Error 183 error while installing Adobe desktop applications including Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines