• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC update failed. Download error 49

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The initial install of Photoshop completed successfully. But then I get a message in the Creative Cloud app that an update is available. Every time I try to update, it fails an gives the message "Update Failed. Download error. Press retry to try again or contact customer support.(49)".

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

For anyone else that runs into this issue, this problem has been fixed with the help of Vijay B from Adobe Chat Customer Support. The solution was to temporarily disable McAffee Real Time Scan and Firewall. After I did that, the Photoshop CC update run successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"try a different internet provider"  

Are you saying we have to go to Starbux to download updates from now on? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the 49 problem, too.

I am using Mac Yosemite for both my iMac and my PowerBookPro. The problem is ONLY on my PowerBook.

Apple just pushed a Safari update, 8.0.2.

I've noticed in the iMac Activity Monitor that there is a red entry for Safari Notification Agent. Would that kind of problem block the Adobe Updater?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, ONLY on my iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a managed network or is this a home network?  If it is a home network please try the steps listed in Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual -http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

You can find more details on how to resolve these difficulties at Installation failed. Error U44M1P7 | Updates - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-u44m1p7-installing-upda tes-ccm.html.

It is likely that the updates are not available for direct download.

For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem seems to have been a problem with Mac Yosemite Safari. There was a hung process in the Activity Monitor. I stopped it. When I quit CC and restarted it, the problem was gone.

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there anyone that can fix this issue? i have a surface pro 2 and i cant get PS to downloaw or it says downloaded but a patch didn't download correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have McAfee and Windows, you need to do the following things to get the updater to work properly.

1. Find the Adobe Creative Cloud exe file in Windows explorer. It is probably in the following path- Program Files (x86): Adobe: Adobe Creative Cloud: ACC. Once you find it, minimize it for use after steps 2 and 3 are done.

2. Disable McAfee Firewall and Real Time Virus Scan. Do it for at least 30 minutes if you have a time option.

3. Go into Task Manager, and make sure you shut down everything running for Adobe. This includes CEF Helper, IPC Broker, everything. You may not see it as a running program, but you will see it in processes or details, depending on the version of Windows you have. You can right click on anything on that list and either end process or end task.

3. Once that's done, run the Adobe Creative Cloud executable as an Administrator (right click on the file, select run as Administrator)

4. It will fire up all the apps you just closed, but now they aren't encumbered by McAfee.

5. Update what you need to.

6. Resume your Firewall and Virus scan programs.

I just did this after double checking the whole Host and Digital Cert stuff that is linked to above this. None of that worked. Something about shutting down every Adobe process running on my machine, then disabling McAfee, seemed to help them all get through once they restarted without McAfee running. The key is shutting down every Adobe process.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

garyfox8 wrote:

If you have McAfee and Windows, you need to do the following things to get the updater to work properly.

1. Find the Adobe Creative Cloud exe file in Windows explorer. It is probably in the following path- Program Files (x86): Adobe: Adobe Creative Cloud: ACC. Once you find it, minimize it for use after steps 2 and 3 are done.

2. Disable McAfee Firewall and Real Time Virus Scan. Do it for at least 30 minutes if you have a time option.

3. Go into Task Manager, and make sure you shut down everything running for Adobe. This includes CEF Helper, IPC Broker, everything. You may not see it as a running program, but you will see it in processes or details, depending on the version of Windows you have. You can right click on anything on that list and either end process or end task.

3. Once that's done, run the Adobe Creative Cloud executable as an Administrator (right click on the file, select run as Administrator)

4. It will fire up all the apps you just closed, but now they aren't encumbered by McAfee.

5. Update what you need to.

6. Resume your Firewall and Virus scan programs.

I just did this after double checking the whole Host and Digital Cert stuff that is linked to above this. None of that worked. Something about shutting down every Adobe process running on my machine, then disabling McAfee, seemed to help them all get through once they restarted without McAfee running. The key is shutting down every Adobe process.

Good luck.

You're a genius - thanks for posting the helpful message.

Your steps above didn't work the first time so I rebooted my PC and reperformed the steps straight away, before loading anything up. Photoshop updated perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I needed to reboot my PC as well before the steps would work.

Thanks so much garyfox8‌‌ for the super helpful answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  This worked for me too.  One small update is that I couldn't disable the firewall in McAfee, but I finally realized that it activated in Windows Defender.  You deactivate the firewall by opening Control Panel > Window Defender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@garyfox8: thanks your process worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you my child! That totally worked. Didn't even have to reboot. Makes me seriously consider removing the McAfee permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome advice! It worked perfect, thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work....  Why is it working for everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is NOT only to do with firewalls.  Adobe disgustingly does not support pre CS6 and leaves it to forums only.  My version of the problem arises because of PC crash and new C drive.  That means the adobe police software cannot 'see' previous versions so says I am not entitled to upgrade (FALSE!).  They will not help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked perfectly,, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you for contacting Steve McMarson Photography.

A staff member will attend to your message shortly.

You can keep up to date with the studio's activities by liking our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/stevemcmarson.photography

or by visiting the News section of our website:

http://www.stevemcmarson.com.au

Steve McMarson Photography

Multi Award Winning Portrait & Wedding Photographer.

Atmospheric. Elegant. Enduring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for your insight.

the part that made Lightroom CC (2015) FINALLY update...was by going to my task manager and END TASK on all ADOBE items - well...I did not end task on Adobe Reader...but did on everything else...AND...disabled windows defender.  I am running windows 8.1 pro.

Initially, I made a half effort at dumping the temp files...and was getting 'noise' that some could not quit...thus I went to the Task Manager and made Dang sure they were knocked to their knees (end task).

I did not make it back to my temp folder

In this half reckless state...and frustrated...I decided - what the heck...I'll just try it again.

Could not start creative cloud - as expected - so I went to Lightroom and Help and Updates.

It was a tense second or two when the creative cloud page opened up and I clicked INSTALL...before the bar started to fill in.

I am Updated...

THANK YOU -

ADOBE owed you a beer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this was exactly what i needed to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out. A member of our staff will be in contact before too long.

In the meantime, we would love to have your support on Social Media:

Facebook: stevemcmarson.photography

Instagram: steve_mcmarson_photography

Pinterest: steve mcmarson

Of course our full portfolio can be viewed at stevemcmarson.com.au

Steve McMarson

Multi Award Winning Photographer

E: info@stevemcmarson.com.au

M: 0410 056 772

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out. A member of our staff will be in contact before too long.

In the meantime, we would love to have your support on Social Media:

Facebook: stevemcmarson.photography

Instagram: steve_mcmarson_photography

Pinterest: steve mcmarson

Of course our full portfolio can be viewed at stevemcmarson.com.au

Steve McMarson

Multi Award Winning Photographer

E: info@stevemcmarson.com.au

M: 0410 056 772

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a managed network but have admin privileges

Is there a way to download the update and run from desktop??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind....Closed CC and reopened as Admin....Updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines