Photoshop CC update failed. Download error 49

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The initial install of Photoshop completed successfully. But then I get a message in the Creative Cloud app that an update is available. Every time I try to update, it fails an gives the message "Update Failed. Download error. Press retry to try again or contact customer support.(49)".

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

For anyone else that runs into this issue, this problem has been fixed with the help of Vijay B from Adobe Chat Customer Support. The solution was to temporarily disable McAffee Real Time Scan and Firewall. After I did that, the Photoshop CC update run successfully.

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to restart computer and them disable firewall and realtime scan. It is working now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all the solutions listed here for my PC install of PhotoShop that was throwing errors trying to update - nothing worked.

So I wasted 3 hours trying all that to no avail. Still can't use my PhotoShop because the install appears to have nuked the icon to launch PhotoShop and I can't even launch it from CC because instead of the Launch button I get the broken Retry/Update button.

Hey, I didn't really need to get any work done here or anything. Adobe support is useless.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Adobe wants to connect to my pc

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom  CC update failed. Download error 49  

The given answer did not bring a solution.after several atempts.

So i  disabled antivirus and firewall, cleared all temporary files on the pc.

Rebooted and started creative cloud  again without any antivirus ore firewall active.

No problem with the new installation...

I think it is time that adobe shows some respect for its customers.

Deze vraag is Beantwoord.=False

cdraus

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this.

Please voice your queries & opinion also at http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Regards

Rajashree

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution doesn't work. I've turned McAfee off but it still won't update ... same error (49). Now the Lightroom program won't launch. Adobe owes me $10 a month.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Support had me do the following:

Go to task manager and close any adobe processes, including:

The process applications Creative cloud, AAM, Cores sync, Acro tray, Crash Deamon, Adobe IPC Broker, Adobe Desktop services , CC library.

1. press Windows+R button together and you will get a run command window,  type-in %localappdata%/Adobe and hit enter.

2.  delete OOBE and AAMupdater folder.
Fixed it for me!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue logging out and logging back seemed to do the trick.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines