Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 suddently claiming "activation limit reached"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Early october, my Photoshop CS5 (reinstalled several months ago on my new Win10 PC) started mentionning that "activation limit has been reached". When I select "retry activation", it's behalve as if there were no internet connexion. I opened a first support ticket, they told me to uninstall/reinstall, but no improvment (they also checked that "sufficients installation slots are available"). Now, I called back support, they told me "we have shutdown the activation servers, you're stuck, buy a new product".

I can't believe Adobe would do such things, so I guess there is a real solution (I remember on CS2, when they stopped the activation serveurs, they released a "no activation" binary).

Any hint ? 

thank you

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 and earlier are dead https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html?promoid=19SCDRQK but I have not seen that CS5/CS6 may not be activated

When you can't deactivate a serial number (this is the ONLY support Adobe still offers for CS5/CS6)
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Also

TLS 1.2 is now required to connect https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html
-http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html
-on Windows be sure to do the EASYFIX.MSI in step 2 of the 1st link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this answer. You linked didn't trigger the chat box, and 'Agent' was catch by the bot asking for the product, and refusing to continue via tchat. I could however call the hotline again, and got someone who spent 1hr to try to solve the issue : uninstalled fully and reinstall, but no luck (except that the counter has been reset).

BTW, to find the tchat, I've been on My Account, then in the footer > Display support history. There, I got a "open a new case"...

According to the tech support, the CS5/CS6 have indeed been shutdown (at least in Europe). He also believes that once the countdown reach zero, I should still be able to continue using the product by pressing "ignore"... Wait and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cs2, cs3 and cs4 servers are shutdown and there is no longer a work-around for cs2.  it could be that in the past few days cs5 servers were shutdown (and it's certain they will be shutdown eventually), but it's possible they are not shutdown, yet.

re-contact adobe support and request "an activation count reset".  ask for nothing else or you will be told to return here for help where you will not be able to override this problem.  or you may be told something else like the activation server is shuttered which may, or may not, be true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your hint on "stick to request and retry", I finally got somehow trying to solve my issue (see above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome. 

did you successfully reactivate cs5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines