• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 Re-activation Issue

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I'm having some trouble reactivating my copy of CS6, i've had it for around 10 years now and wanted to re-install it on a frash install of windows (same computer it was activated on previously).

I had forgotten about deactivating the copy before wiping the PC and no longer have access to the installs of windows that it was originally on. I had it installed on my Surface Laptop 3 and on my main PC, both of which have had clean installs semi recently.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point, as i just get the activated on too many devices error with no way of deactivating the previous installs. So i'm at a loss.

I've already paid for this version and would like it if i can continue to use it.

If it's possible i can get through to someone that can help me here, that would be appreciated, Support through facebook wasn't able to help me much (i couldn't even get the chat bot on the adobe site to work, let alone put me through to a support agent there).

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting activations without having the old computer to deactivate is not now possible if you don't have that option in your account page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it doesn't give me an option to do it on the account page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use that old computer with the changed version of windows to deactivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to try it on my surface laptop 3, but i have a feeling, that it will do the same thing as on my desktop. though the SSD in the surface is the same, the one in my desktop has changed, hence the reinstall, so maybe, i'll see what the surface does, 1 licence is better then none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only the hardware (not non-adobe app software) needs to be unchanged on a computer that once had an activated app.

the app can be reinstalled and reactivation should automatic. then open the app > help > deactivate or sign out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so. I'll give that a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that you are correct, At least i've saved 1 activation for my copy. I still have my old SSD, it has been Wiped, but perhaps i could get the other back if i stick a quick copy of windows on it and reinstall CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the exact hardware is the same (or can be recreated), deactivation can be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deactivated the copy on my surface laptop 3, and the desktop wont activate now. i can also not reactivate the surface laptop. it seems the licence is completely lost now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait, i've lost access to both copies now. crap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you were able to deactivate, but still can't use that to activate on another computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it activated when i reinstalled it on the surface laptop 3, and allowed me to deactivate the copy, however both copies of photoshop no longer activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shesh, what a mess.  sorry.

maybe it's time to consider the $10/mo photography plan (ps and lr), or ps elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's alright. I have other software now, there was just some nice features of CS6 that the others don't have. I'm avoiding subscriptions where i can, as it's easy to say, just spend so and so on a subscription. But considering 3D software, 2D software, online video services, and so on. Where does it end? how much a month should i be spending? It can get absurd really quickly. I pay yearly for Maya, and i consider that a high expense, even for the indie licence. Of course i could afford it, i'm living at home, but again it's where do subscriptions end? zbrush is also now a subscription. I'll keep using my copy for as long as i can, because i already paid nearly £1000 for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, sorry. Thanks for the help, it almost worked!

It was worth a shot, and i appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

about $, understood.

and again, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines