• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 12 "sign in required" infinite loop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-installed PS Elements 12 on a new PC (Win 11 Pro). When I run it, I get a "sign in required" dialog, I go throught the sign in, authenticate with the Adobe Account Access app, all works and says signed in (I've done this both via QR code on phone and the desktop web browser link).

The PS Elements app then just quits, and when I run it again it just goes back to the "sign in required" dialog.

It's already listed in the products page under my account, with the serial number (that's where I downloaded it from to reinstall).

I tried:

Installing and signing in to Creative Cloud Desktop.

Running as admin.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
System time is set to automatically sync, which seems to be working. Time matches my phone exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antoher try this:  It's a good video, and I rarely recommend videos- I'm willing to bet this will fix things for you.

https://youtu.be/SGYSZgJqOUo?si=9jqQjqzrsfccWgdH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - this looks a lot like a manual version of what the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you fixed the Hosts file as suggested in this HelpX article?

See these instructions from Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a fresh install on a new PC so the hosts file is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing in compatibility mode, or run the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file in compatibility mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

just curious, did you manage to get it to work?

I have exact the same issuses as you, but on a win10 machine so I can confirm, that it is not a win11 problem. It most definitly is the new login system, that is not compatible with the older pse versions

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines