Exit

Photoshop Error 150:30

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I try to open Photoshop CS4 on my Mac I get an error. It is error:150:30

Does anyone know what this is and how I can fix it?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Whispertia if you continue to face difficulties please try removing the software using the uninstallers in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.  Once the software is removed you will want to follow this by using the Cleaner Tool. 

You can find details on how to obtain and use the Cleaner Tool at CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Once both steps are completed you wil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you 'migrated' or 'moved' Photoshop from an older computer into this Mac using Time Machine or Migration Assistant?

Error 150:30 usually means license has stopped working.

This may be helpful for you: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-licensing-stopped-mac-os.html

Message was edited by: Sudarshan Thiagarajan to add URL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. Yes, I did. I will try the link-Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not at all.

You have to 'de-activate' your license on the old computer. This link should help you with that: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html#main_Deactiv...

Then, try activating it on your new computer.

If you dont have access to your old computer, follow the steps outlined here to do an 'offline deactivation' - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html#main__Comput...

If you need further assistance from us, please feel free to ask!

All the best,

ST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this question to the Download, Install & Setup Help forum for specialized attention to your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whispertia if you continue to face difficulties please try removing the software using the uninstallers in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.  Once the software is removed you will want to follow this by using the Cleaner Tool. 

You can find details on how to obtain and use the Cleaner Tool at CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Once both steps are completed you will then want to reinstall the software from your installation media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started reading this answer thread and opened the link for the clearner tool.  I am a CS4 user with the same issue as the others from a decade ago.  I've had this issue in the past and when Adobe still supported CS4, this was not the way we resolved.  I have the same issue again today in December 2022 and no one at adobe can or will support this.  I'm comfortable wiping with cleaner if I can get a more fresh answer ten years after this was originally posted.

CK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Christopher_Knorr64 

are you trying to "restore" your cs4 instead of properly installing using the installation files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 products are dead!! The activation servers are cutoff several years ago. If you try to reinstall CS4 you can't activate your product.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a CS4 user with the same issue as the others from a decade ago.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

Quote from the above link:

"You can no longer reinstall Creative Suite 2, 3 or 4 even if you have the original installation disks. The aging activation servers for those apps had to be retired."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines