Photoshop is not working on my older PC

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read countless and countless of complaints about why Photoshop will not work with older systems anymore, and the answers are clear: they do not meet the requirements for a CPU that supports SSE 4.2 or later. Be that as it may, but I want a straight answer from Adobe telling why most of the other CC apps work, such as Premiere Pro which is by far a more resource-hungry and heavier program than Photoshop. What makes Photoshop so picky about some "SSE"? Photoshop is one of the key applications in the Creative Cloud family, so it feels, IMHO, that Adobe is deliberately trying to piss people off with this. Moreover, the older Photoshop versions that are still available, seemingly compatible, don't work anymore, either. Paying (yes, that's right, it's our money) customers should be able to go back as far as possible to find a version that still works, or our money back.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand your frustration but this is the wrong place. This forum is a public forum and we are all normal user as you are.

We're not Adobe. Only sometimes an Adobe employee take a look on the posts.

Please ask your question about the SSE 4.2 requirements directly to the Adobe support.

Old versions of CC applications you can find here: https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines