Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop launch = infinite loading

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I looking for the same issue on the forum but I don't find anything, I hope I didn't miss it...

When I am launching Photoshop, it loads, loads, loads... I got the work desk in background, the news screen above and the rainbow cursor... no other way out, Photoshop is stuck.

• I upgraded my OS (Big Sur 11.4)
  • Photoshop is well updated too
  • already try to uninstall/reinstall
  • already try to find "Préférences/Adobe Photoshop <version année> Paramètres/" but no folder in my library
  • my laptop specifications seems to be ok (Intel core i7 duo / 3,3 GHz / 16Go ram / Intel Iris Graphics 1536 Mo)
  • InDesign & Illustrator work perfectly...

I am really blocked and I would be so glad to have your help... 

Thank you very much,  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Still no preferences folder in the finder location mentionned in the guidelines...

So I deleted the app through App Cleaner in order it takes every elements linked to the app

And it works ! 

Thank you very much for your help,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you installed there is a preferences file, Photoshop preference file functions, names, locations (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kglad, 

Thank you very much for your answer, 

Maybe I'm wrong... but there is no adobe photoshop preference folder following the guideline paths on my system...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then photoshop didn't install properly.  did you use the cc desktop app to install ps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for follow-up,

Yes, I install all soft through cc desktop app (and InDesign/Illustrator/Acrobat are ok)

For some days, Photoshop doesn't even open any window after the soft is launched...

Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manually remove your photoshop preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no preferences folder in the finder location mentionned in the guidelines...

So I deleted the app through App Cleaner in order it takes every elements linked to the app

And it works ! 

Thank you very much for your help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe Cleaner Tool can be downloaded here, for anyone looking for it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines