• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinning apps to taskbar in Windows

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening the creative cloud app and scrolling through my apps to click the right "open" button for the app I would like to use is a small inconvenience, but it is an inconvenience none the less.  My solution has been to pin the .exe shortcuts to the taskbar in windows, so that I can easily open/minimize/maximize the apps. 

However, every single time the apps get updated, the shortcuts break -  I need to remove the taskbar shortcuts, and go sifting through directories for the different .exe shortcuts for all of the 8 apps we use regularly in the office, and re-pin them.

Does anybody know of a better solution for this?  Or is there a better way to pin the most up-to-date apps to the taskbar?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, I wish there was a way to create shortcuts to the Adobe XXX [Latest Version]

btw, the way I pin the apps is slightly different: I open the programs from Creative Cloud studio, once they're open, I right-click the icon and select 'Pin to taskbar', then drag them to wherever I want, but that still needs to be done again every time the app updates... and because I selected not to remove the old versions when it's updated, sometimes I don't realize there's a new version until a file accidentaly gets open on a new window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as I know, Microsoft don't let any apps update the taskbar. (Because they have found that "self important" apps will keep trying to take over). So the manual process is what we all have to do. 

You shouldn't have to sift through any directories though, to do this. Just remove the broken shortcuts, then start the replacement app (from the start button or app search bar typically, but you could also use the CC app in this case). Then pin the running apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As with a previous comment, I found that having the program open, and then
Right-clicking to "Pin to Taskbar" was the best option. I feel silly not
seeing this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines