• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Platform swap from Windows to Mac for CS6

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the whole Creative Suite 6 years ago and a couple of years back my PC died from the dreaded blue screen of death but I still have the serial key for PC. I now have a Mac and was wondering if there's any way to swap my old PC serial Code for a Mac serial code so that I can get the suite back? Because at the moment I can't access it in anyway but I have bought it which is frustrating.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to subscribe to the Cloud, your remaining option is to run your existing CS6 (Windows) in a virtual Windows environment on your Mac using Parallels, VMware Fusion, Boot Camp or similar.

5 Ways to Run Windows Software on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Do you still have the pc suite? I have the same problem in reverse having purchased the mac version and changed to pc. Did you resolve the issue? There may be a way to swap/transfer licences. 

Kind regards Toby 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html
-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It's a full license rather than an Education license. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number of the Mac version cannot be used for the Windows version.
And, CS6 is already 10 years old and not practical.
Consider subscribe and install Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I subscribe to CC, just want to use legacy plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way to use it is to get a computer running an older OS that matches the OS of the software you own. Offline authentication is still available for CS6 products, so you can still use them on a computer that does not have a direct connection to the Internet. But, updater is no longer available, so you have to be careful about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines