• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro wont download on my mac

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Mac M1. Just done an update, tried to reinstall creative cloud many times. The download gets to 92% and says installation failed... Please help! Thanks.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you did an update of what?  your os?, you cc desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry. Should have been a little clearer. I Have done an OS update. Down loaded Adobe CC and sucessfully downloaded Photoshop and Lightroom classic. But for some wierd reason Premier Pro wont get past 92%. so i has a look at the answers here which instructed me to download CC again but it has not worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Travis, the behavior described often occurs when Adobe Intel applications are migrated to computers using Apple's new processors.  Please see the section titled How can I transfer Adobe apps from my old computer to my new M1 computer in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html for instructions on how to correct the behavior and install the proper versions of the applications, and their components, for the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, Ill give it a go tonight. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Travis; let us know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend! It worked! I went into my Applications folder and put the premier pro app in the bin and emptied it.

I Then did the repair to Creative Cloud and rhen opened it up and downloaded Premier Pro again.... BOOM! thank you sooo much.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue - clean install of MacOS on a new clean system, first thing install Adobe CC, then install Premiere, and it doesn't install.

First off this is EFFING SHAMEFUL Adobe.  It's a BRAND NEW COMPUTER.

Secondly, this fix solved my issue, thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for others, you probably need to install rosetta 2.  among the ways to do this is to start Photoshop with the Intel version.  here are two other ways, How to Install Rosetta 2 on Apple Silicon Macs (osxdaily.com)

that's been the solution to a recent surge in mac problems (with new apple silicon macs) caused by premiere pro (and after effects) installs resulting in exit code 183.

there are also the older problems and fixes, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-error-183.html,

but you should try the rosetta 2 install first, because its absence is most likely the cause of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot ! Had the exact same issue with my new Mac and had already tried several solutions. This one worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue at 92% getting error code 183.  All retries failed even for older versions.  The app actually installs but absent the other files normally in the install folder.  This is a brand new M1 Max and migrated nothing as I was a PC user until this machine.  Premiere is the big reason I bought it.  Any ideas?  I am licensed for the whole suite and everything else I have installed ran perfectly.

Bill

Somewhat new to Mac - this is only my second

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, same as me. I came from PC and bought a Mac fro this software..hope we work this out together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who still tries to find out a way to fix the issue if the mentioned options didn't work - try to log out and log in on your Mac. If it still didn't work, reload your machine. So simple, but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines