• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previous versions of apps no longer appearing anywhere in CC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two weeks ago I was able to roll-back Premiere to 15.0, but today after reinstalling CC on a newly formatted hard drive, there's no option for other versions when I click the 3 dots next to the application. It's not exlcusive to Premiere, either. The option is missing for every single app in CC.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

So I managed to solve the problem by myself, in the most ridiculous and convoluted way possible, that absolutely should never have worked (after spending another hour or two on chat support today, to no avail).

I went to my laptop computer that has CC and my Adobe apps installed, but that hasn't been switched on or updated since last year. I then went into:

Program Files>Adobe

Program Files>Common Files>Adobe

Program Files x86>Adobe

Program Files x86>Common Files>Adobe

Program Data>Adobe

Appdata>L

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you signed in with an active subscription? These options are known not to be available for trials...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure am. Paid subscription for the entire CC suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @User91056456,

Check the Preference option to Show Older Apps in CC Desktop App. See screenshot.

Preferences in CC Desktop AppPreferences in CC Desktop App

Keep in mind that pre-2020 versions are removed from CC desktop app.  Only the latest + one previous versions are available.  The exception is if you had previously installed an older version on your system and never removed it.

Direct Downloads to older versions can be obtained from links on ProDesign Tools' website.  However Adobe may remove these installers anytime without notice.  And legacy CC apps may not work with modern operating systems.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Nancy. Unfortunately the option to show older apps isn't even showing as an option under preferences. It's completely missing from CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...the option to show older apps isn't showing...  It's completely missing from CC.

===========

@User91056456,

Which operating system do you have?

1. Older apps are not available to trial members.  You must be logged-in to a PAID plan.

2. Older apps will not work on the latest Catalina & Big Sur operating systems.

3. Teams/Enterprise plan members must contact your IT dept and request a special package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I've been a paid member for years, on the entire suite, and am an individual user. I'm running Windows 10, and have never had an issue prior to this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Nancy,

After another complete format, the issue persists.

No options whatsoever for any version of ANY of the CC apps, besides the latest build. Previous versions are completely gone, and there's no button in settings to show other versions like there used to be. I'm also not trying to use legacy versions, but simply Premiere 15.0 rather than 15.2. I'm completely baffled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm. macOS Big Sur, Apple M1 chip, Adobe Creative Cloud app 5.5.0.619
Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 11.04.04 AM.png

This is not the case anymore. There's no "Show Older apps" on "Preferences".

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 11.08.57 AM.png

Nor "Other Versions" on dropdown on Apps Lists

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 11.06.17 AM.png

other-versions.png.img.png

I still don't get why Adobe always does this, changes a little thing or removes it, then doesn't even document it's changes or update it's documentation and announce to it's users that it's now gone.

It's so so frsutrating!! We always lose time, patience and productivity everytime this happens. We also go to this Forums to just ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mancerrss,

Your problem is a simple one.  The option to Show Older Versions is still available for me on Win10.

Either you're not logged-in to a PAID individual Creative Cloud ALL APPS plan.  Or your bleeding edge operating system (Big Sur) is not compatible with older versions of Creative Cloud apps. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Older versions are not available to:

• Unsupported systems,
  • Trial members,
  • Single App plan members,
  • Teams & Enterprise plan members (contact your IT dept for a new package).

SOLUTION options: 

1. Use the latest versions of Creative Cloud apps.

2. Drop back to an older Mac OS.

3. Switch to a Win10 PC.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose a link exists somewhere to download a previous version of the CC desktop app, like 5.4.5.550? It seems CC was updated a week ago, and this issue didn't exist last month when I was on the last version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I managed to solve the problem by myself, in the most ridiculous and convoluted way possible, that absolutely should never have worked (after spending another hour or two on chat support today, to no avail).

I went to my laptop computer that has CC and my Adobe apps installed, but that hasn't been switched on or updated since last year. I then went into:

Program Files>Adobe

Program Files>Common Files>Adobe

Program Files x86>Adobe

Program Files x86>Common Files>Adobe

Program Data>Adobe

Appdata>Local>Adobe

Appdata>Roaming>Adobe

and literally copied the same folders from my laptop, on to my desktop PC, went into the Creative Cloud folder in Program Files x86, double clicked Creative Cloud.exe, had an error pop up that said Creative Cloud was not installed and that it would need to be reinstalled. Creative Cloud was then automatically downloaded with a simple grey 0 to 100% GUI with the Adobe logo, akin to offline or older installers, as opposed to the new bright and flashy Creative Cloud installer window that comes with the latest package, and lo and behold, CC opened up, I was signed in, and every single option for every previous version under the sun was made available for all of my apps.

I have no idea why this was the only solution that worked, after spending hours with Adobe support, and it's definitely concerning that anyone would need to go to these lengths to get their CC suite to work as intended, but it worked all the same. I'd be up poo creak without a paddle though, had I not had my old laptop with a rather outdated version of CC on it. Seems to me like there's definitely something going on with the latest build of CC and potentially the hardware in my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - I am running macOS High Sierra - My apps were running very slow, including my CC app, so i uninstalled. Upon reinstall i no longer have access to older versions of the apps. The newer versions need to run on Catalina or higher and my computer doesn't meet those requirements either. Goal is to get a new computer soon, but looking for a solution in the interim. 

I have a full subscription. I do not have any other versions on other computers like User91056456

Therefore that solution won't work for me. Any other sugestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @marcoso51044654,
You can try and download the older versions of the Creative Cloud apps from the following website. The website provides download links for Adobe servers so if the links work then they are totally genuine, if they don't work, then it means that Adobe has discontinued providing the download and genuine installers are not available anymore. Be circumspect if someone contacts you claiming to provide an installer in such a case.
https://prodesigntools.com
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@marcoso51044654,

Did you check the box to "Show Older Apps" in your CC Desktop App Preferences?  See screenshot. Also click the 3 dots icon and select Older Versions.

image.png

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not an option in my CC App preferences. I will try Manan Joshi's link later this evening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Older Versions are not an option, contact your IT dept for assistance.  They'll need to create a new package for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Nancy, Thank you for your help thus far. I found the "Show Older Apps" checkbox (I swear it wasn't there before, but maybe i missed it).  Made sure it's turned on.

However the 3 Dots do not appear for Photoshop and Illustrator (The apps I'm looking to install). They only appear for certain apps like premier rush, Dreamweaver, Muse CC, etc...

Any other suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your system can't support the major release versions offered, you won't be able to install.  Adobe offers no more than 2 versions back now:

Photoshop 23 or 22

Illustrator 26 or 25

Make sure your computer meets the minimum CPU & GPU requirements. Most Creative Cloud apps work on:
Windows 10 versions 21H1, 20H2, 2004, and 1909 (LTSB branches are not supported)
macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.16 or 10.15 (Catalina)
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue STILL is not resolved.  After spending SIX MONTHS repeatedly trying to get ANYONE at Adobe tech support to assist with regular, repeated, bring-down-the-whole-machine crashes on a 10-month old Mac --- crashes they would witness themselves, then claim, if it didn't happen again within 3 mintues that "it is working perfectly now and I must close the case" .... So after that ongoing utter NIGHTMARE, I finally completely wiped my entire machine including the OS, and am now trying to reinstall Creative Cloud apps and... VOILÀ!!  No previous versions are available.  And yes, I have done everything indicated above.  I am signed in, I am a longtime CC subscriber, and there is NO Settings button for Show Older Versions, nor is there any Previous Versions option in the three-dot menu.  As I am a professional broadcast video editor (for 35 years, on numerous edit systems, so this is not my first rodeo) who regularly works with clients who roughcut on a previous version of Premiere and do not want to upgrade at this point, Adobe has now rendered me completely incapable of earning a living.  BRAVO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, logged out and in of CC desktop app and it helped. Now I can find older versions again after selecting Show older version from settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines