• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem: It is not possible to run Adobe Apps offline. At Start my Laptop has to be online

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help needed please:

I want to use the Adobe Apps offline. In a lot of Help-articles written, it is able to be up to 30 days offline if you do not have an Internet connection. The Apps are registrated and updated. But when I disconnect from Intnernet and open e.g. Lightroom, it says that there is no Internet connection and I´ve to retry - or close. This is frustrating.

Is there any software setting that allows to disconnect for some days? Thanks

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you start Photoshop instead? Is it Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic. All other Apps are affected too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open the apps (while online) that you'll want to use offline.  minimize them.

do not sign out of that computer that's about to go offline

go offline and those opened apps will continue to function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the way, 'I am working with. But this drains a lot of Battery. also, sometimes it is not possible not to switch off my Laptop (overheating when covered in Laptop-compartment in my backpack. There should be another way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when they're minimized they shouldn't be using any cpu and therefore generating no heat.

are you sure they're minimized vs in the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wilfred, if you are unable to use your individual membership on the computer when it is offline, then it is because the stored licensing information is corrupted or damaged.  The internet connection is required to revalidate that the membership is active and store the necessary credentials on the computer.  The normal behavior is that you can be offline for up to 30 days as a month-to-month subscriber.  This is increased to up to 99 days for annual memberships, as described in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Please see https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/unexpectedly-signed-out-of-adobe-applica... for a list of documents that can help you fix the behavior you are encountering Wilfred.  You mentioned you are using Lightroom Classic and Photoshop CC, so please make sure to implement the solutions listed for both CC 2019 and newer (Photoshop CC) and CC 2018 and earlier (Lightroom Classic) as both apps use different licensing systems.  The fact that both applications are finding their licensing files damaged regularly leads me to believe you may be dealing with misconfigured security or system optimization software.  Either type of app may periodically remove the critical files that are stored on the computer, allowing you to use the membership while offline.

I do see that you also contacted our support team about this behavior, Wilfred, please do not hesitate to use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to make any updates to your recent support case ADB-26749802-B8H3.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines