Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem running creative cloud on 2 Macs

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Apple Silicon MacBook Pro which I have been running CC apps on since purchased without any issue. I have recently also aquired an iMac with an Intel processor, when I did so I used migration assistant to  copy all my documents, apps, preferences, etc. from the MacBook to the iMac and I now use both machines with all my docs synced on both through iCloud drive.

Everything went fine with the transfer, however, when I first tried to opening any of my CC apps on the iMac they would not open - no error codes at all, just nothing happened. I thought this may have been because I had been using Apple Silicon compatible versions of the apps on my MacBook so I removed the apps from my iMac and tried downloading them again.

Problem now is when I try to install the CC Desktop App on the iMac nothing happens. Progress bar gets to 100% but the app does not automatically open as it should. Furthermore, after the installation is supossedly complete the app does not appear to be installed - it's not appearing in the applications folder nor is it appearing when I run a seach of the whole computer. There are no error messages during the installation process.

Has anyone had a similar issue / know of a solution?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's always a problem to use migration assistant to install adobe programs.  they should be installed de novo.

at this point. restore your imac to a time prior to using migration assistant.  then install the cc desktop app from here https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud and use it to install your adobe subscription and trial programs.

if you have trouble downloading, use the alternative download site at page bottom here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines