• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Creative Cloud Desktop app since update to Windows 8.1

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have updated my desktop and laptop to Windows 8.1 over the past day, and have noticed a problem with the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Some menu items when I right-click on either the CC system tray icon, or click on the Settings menu icon in the app interface itself do not show.  I've included a screenshot of the problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app, but this has not worked.  Any ideas?

ccissue.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

If you update to the current version of the Creative Cloud desktop application it should allow you to resolve this difficulty.  For more information please see Creative Cloud desktop has missing text in Windows 8.1 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-missing-text.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GTX 780 - 326.60

Adjusting Windows 8.1 for best performance does not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this going to be sorted?

I've been at a standstill for a few days now. Paying money for a service i cannot use.

At least some sort of update on the situation please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those experiencing the issue with panels appearing blank or with missing text could you post the type of videocard you have and the driver version?

Does turning visual effects off (or set to Adjust for best performance) make any difference?

Graphic card: Nvidia Quadro 5000

Driver: 320.92

No, turning off visual effects in Windows 8.1 does not change anything regarding the CC app. I just updated the graphic card driver to 331.65 and after a re-boot i still see the same issues.

I am using the release build of Win 8.1 Pro. (Upgraded from Win 8 to Win 8.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble with the menus.

For those experiencing the issue with panels appearing blank or with missing text could you post the type of videocard you have and the driver version?

Video Card: Intel HD 4000 (I5 3210M)

Driver Version: 10.18.10.3316

Driver Date: 03/10/2013

Does turning visual effects off (or set to Adjust for best performance) make any difference?

None

Tried the 8.1 compatability update and also Solution 2 but it makes not a single bit of difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc.jpg

Nvidia GeForce GT 630

Driver 327.23

I've three computers effected, all very different setups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud on both my desktop and laptop.  Both have the same problem.

My desktop has a Radeon HD 7970 3GB videocard.  My laptop has a Radeon HD 7600M videocard.

Since some updates became available a few days ago, I am now unable to install those updates, or use the CC app as a dialog box with no text or buttons appears and takes focus, and if this is closed, the CC app quits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be happening on only some machines. Here's the screenshot from my Windows 8.1 machine. Looks good. We'll dig in more.

Win81.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue as well. I can't install Creative Cloud properly because of this.

Windows 8.1 Version 6.3.9600

Nvidia GTX590 - 331.58 Drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here as well. Both video card and drivers were exactly the same and working perfectly under windows 7.

I completed a clean install of windows 8 and 8.1. Creative cloud app is completely unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, partially works for me, still can't see some menu's - but at least can install Programs. Cannot see menu to change install path though;

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Check this thread also before using, i only used cleaner tool as i could not find Libraray/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE on Windows 8.1 yet

Let us know if full method works and has all menus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative and Cloud.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing issues similar to the post above, with smaller floating windows but no dialouge. I uninstalled creative cloud desktop then re-installed- Issue is partly fixed, but now I get this:

http://i.imgur.com/oBaWhlG.png

My system build:

CPU:           Intel Core i7-3770 (Ivy Bridge-DT, E1)

3400 MHz (34.00x100.0) @ 3900 MHz (39.00x100.0)

Motherboard:   ASRock Z77 Extreme6

Chipset:       Intel Z77 (Panther Point DH)

Memory:        16384 MBytes @ 666 MHz, 9.0-9-9-24

- 8192 MB PC19200 DDR3 SDRAM - G Skill F3-2400C10-8GTX

- 8192 MB PC19200 DDR3 SDRAM - G Skill F3-2400C10-8GTX

Graphics:      Intel Ivy Bridge-DT GT2 - Integrated Graphics Controller [E1/L1/N0/P0] [ASRock]

Intel HD Graphics 4000, 2112 MB

Graphics:      GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, 3072 MB GDDR5 SDRAM

Drive:         SanDisk SDSSDHP128G, 125.0 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s

Drive:         Corsair Force GT, 117.2 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s

Drive:         SAMSUNG HD204UI, 1953.5 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s

Sound:         Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C1]

Sound:         NVIDIA GK104 - High Definition Audio Controller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha.

I did the exact same thing - reinstalled. Got the same message. Clicked on that there blue button hoping for the best. Still can't access the sub-menus on the CC desktop app... at least all the others apps work. Got to get on with work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the setup program for CC desktop is incompatible with 8.1 so it is presumable up to Adobe to fix this. From File Explorer right click on the setup file and choose properties -> Compatibility. Run troubleshooter

Screenshot - 2013-10-29 , 10_38_01.jpg

and you will get the following answer:

Screenshot - 2013-10-29 , 10_38_52.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The CC Desktop App was updated Oct 28 to version 1.2.0.248, this included compatibility fixes for Windows 8.1

See http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.ht ml

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but no, it does not help. A bunch of the posts above have mentioned they have reinstalled etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done this but did not sort out the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download today, did not help. Is this version 1.2.0.248 ?

Screenshot - 2013-10-29 , 14_58_37.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Could you please Quit Creative Cloud desktop app and follow Solution 2 mentioned under the below article.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-lists-removed-apps-date.html

Re-launch CC desktop app and check if it works fine now.

Let me know in case you still face the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 2 did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Nothing. Did not help. I don't think "Solution 2" was really related with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arpit, solution #2 made no difference.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the ACC application 3 times over. The app hangs mid way and I need to end task using the Windows task manager. When can we expect a fix? ACC is not usable in its current version. Luckily other applications including Photoshop CC and CS6 work without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly Solution 2 doesn't work.

Really starting to lose faith in Adobe 😕

edit: Should add, I'm on Nvidia's latest WHQL 331.65, latest build of 8.1 (9600)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just asking the supprt keeps on telling me that the new big october update has been released. Well I dont have it.. do you? My after effect for an example is not version 12.1 (the new one) plus I have these issues as well with creative cloud app.

I like the product but ive experienced alot of bugs with CC since it was realeased...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines