• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems deactivating Lightroom 6 to allow transfer to a new system

Participant ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to move my main installation of Lightroom 6 to a new computer, both Windows 10.
I also have a copy on my Win 7 laptop.

I can’t activate the new copy because there are already two installations (old system & laptop).
I can't sign in of either system because of an 'unsupported browser or OS' issue.

I’m unable to deactivate any of the existing installations as neither offer a sign out or deactivate option. My Adobe account doesn’t detail each copy or allow me to remotely deactivate either.

What do I do ?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This lin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. Sorted after two hours on chat with agents repeatedly trying to pass it back here. Sorted quickly once I got to the correct person, but pretty grim having to spend so much time repeating teh issue to different agents until finding one that could deal with it.

Someone needs to resolve this issue as will waste a lot of support staff's time dealing with people that want to move copies, not to mention the further annoyance with Adobe for making it so difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, so nobody here can resolve anything... and the few Adobe employees who read/post here have stated in the past that the support operation is completely separate from this forum system

Send a letter to Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA Tel: 408-536-6000 Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the few Adobe employees who read/post here have stated in the past that the support operation is completely separate from this forum system"

Which is silly and I don't really believe it. Adobe should(will) be watching what issues arise on the forums and dealing with them. I'm sure to an extent they do this, but won't admit to it publically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe what you wish, I only know what has been said before by the Adobe employees who post here... and that is that the chat support operation is different, and what is reported here is not always going to mean any change 'over there'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone needs to resolve this issue as [it] will waste a lot of support staff's time dealing with people that want to move copies, not to mention the further annoyance with Adobe for making it so difficult.

==========

@PaulHolman,

If wishes were horses.... Few people still use unsupported software these days.  Most agents have never seen it, used it or know how to activate it.

Your support experience will improve when you upgrade to modern CC software.  Until then, it's catch-as-catch-can, use at your own risk, you're on your own, etc...

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:
- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
- Lightroom Classic
- Portfolio website + hosting
- Spark with premium features
- Bridge
- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's still a big body of photographers who use LR6 and will never move to subscription software.
When Adobe kill LR 6 I will just move to Capture One or DXO Photo Lab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's still a big body of photographers who use LR...

==========

That may be true for some but they are NOT on modern Apple & soon-to-be released Win 11 systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"That may be true for some but they are NOT on Catalina or Big Sur." If you've bought a Mac, that's the sort of problem you've bought into.

Those of us that choose Windows systems can rely on FAR greater legacy support. That in turn means we get a much better return on our investment in hardware and software. Adobe seem particularly bad at allowing Apple to dictate their product's features. A prefect example is the removal of printing with no colour management from Photoshop when Apple dropped it from their OS.

The problem I've encountered could be better fixed by Adobe providing better activation management for the products that need it. It's this sort of poor service that means I'm extremely unlikley to buy into future Adobe offering when companies like Phase One have slick easy activation controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree there's a lot more bang for your buck on Windows than comparable Macs.  But I'm not sure for how much longer as Win11 is due out this fall.  To what extent MS maintains backwards compatibility with older apps remains unclear at this point.  I'm guessing it's not sustainable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"To what extent MS maintains backwards compatibility with older apps remains unclear at this point" From what I've read W11 is only a comparatively minor upgrade to W10. I'm confident that MS won't suddenly cut out all of the legacy support options, it's a major selling point. 
Just a shame Adobe don't see the same value in legacy support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>shame Adobe don't see the same value in legacy support.

When a new program version is issued, be that an old CS6 program or a new subscription program, Adobe stops updating the old version... be that with new features or to run on new operating systems

When Apple issued new operating systems (as Nancy said) CS6 stopped working... the same for older subscription programs

Anyone who wants to continue to use an old program is simply going to have to stay with an old operating system... this is due to what Apple (and to some extent Microsoft) did, not Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't expect updates or upgrades on out dated software, but I DO expect them to ensure that the programs I bought can still be used on the systems they were designed for.
Some of us have invested heavily in Adobe products expecting them to be usable for the life of the OSs they were designed for.

Adobe said that Lightroom would continue to be available on a perpetual licence basis, then they U turned and broke that comitment. Those failures of promise give potential customers no suggestion that any offers made now for the future will be honoured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines