• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with a new surfspot year subscribtion for students

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last few years I have been purchasing yearly subscribtions from surfspot for adobe creative cloud. Up till last year I would always get a code to extend my subscribtion. This year it is different. Now I didn't get a code to extend but I automatically got a seemingly "new subscribtion" connected to the same e-mail adress as my old subcribtion to adobe. For the single day that these overlapped I got twice as much cloudstorage (200gb instead of 100gb that is in the normal subscribtion. So these two individual subscribtions seemed to be stacked on top of each other. This all seemed fine. Even when my old subsciption expired the cloudstorage went back to 100gb and everything else kept working. But the problem I have is that I keep getting messages to add a payment method to my adobe account. Right now I am afraid that Adobe will eventually cancel my account. Eventhough the services and functions of my adobe apps kept working. Does anyone have experience with this kind of subscribtion? And do I need to be afraid that saved projects might get lost? Thanks for helping out.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

You should probably contact Surfspot to sort this out. They have set you up a new plan, and this is not the right thing to do; it should be an extension of the old plan as before. You may still be liable to pay for the old plan, since you did not actually cancel it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

I contacted Surfspot and they were able to help me. I happens to be a separate subscription that stands completely apart from a personal subscription. With their instructions I was also able to see this new subscription in my Adobe account. The service also kept working perfectly. It is just weird that they do not explain this way of extending a subscription properly. Thanks for replying but consider it solved🙌🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably contact Surfspot to sort this out. They have set you up a new plan, and this is not the right thing to do; it should be an extension of the old plan as before. You may still be liable to pay for the old plan, since you did not actually cancel it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted Surfspot and they were able to help me. I happens to be a separate subscription that stands completely apart from a personal subscription. With their instructions I was also able to see this new subscription in my Adobe account. The service also kept working perfectly. It is just weird that they do not explain this way of extending a subscription properly. Thanks for replying but consider it solved🙌🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this might end up being a bad situation.  I am only able to find negative reviews on this Surfspot company if this is the one ( https://www.trustpilot.com/review/surfspot.nl ).  And from searching the Adobe partner registry of authorized resellers they do not show up ( https://adobedealreg.secure.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=en ) unless they are listed as another business name other than Surfspot.  From that Adobe site you can find authorized resellers in your country or you can purchase directly from Adobe in the future which is the safest bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines