• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Lightroom 6 on 2021 Macbook Pro

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6 on my 2010 Macbook Pro (High Sierra). I just got a 2021 Macbook Pro with the Max chip. I used Migration Assistant to transfer my programs over. I opened Lightroom 6. When I did so, it had a pop up message about how I needed to download some other software to make things compatible or something - I unfortunately don't really remember what it said exactly and can't replicate it. I clicked yes. Then I started getting these "ReceiverHelp will damage your computer" and similar error messages. I think it had to do with Cisco, but not sure. I deleted the files. Then when I tried to open Lightroom 6, it displays the splash screen for less then a second, then closes. I really really want to be able to use this software on the new laptop. Any help? (Note I also posted this elsewhere.) (And this is related to, but different specifics than https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/new-mac-book-pro-wont-open-my-lightroom-...)

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6 ... 2021 Macbook Pro with the Max chip.

I really really want to be able to use this software on the new laptop.

Will not work. Lightroom 6 cannot be used on modern Macs running Monterey, much less the M1 chip. It is not compatible.

You will have to subscribe to the current version of Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines