• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Access after Cancelling (or changing plans)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have an annual all apps plan, although I mostly use Premiere Pro.  The plan is about to expire, and there's a price increase I feel is too high.  So I called Customer Care to see if they could renew my plan at the same price I've been paying, and was told maybe -- but the old plan would have to be cancelled first, then the new plan activated, and as a result, I'd lose all my Premiere Pro data.

I'm not sure what "data" he was referring to as he couldn't clarify any further.  I have never consciously stored anything in Adobe's cloud.  I do, however, have copies of the PP project files, and my media files, on my hard drive. So if anyone can answer the following questions, I'd be most appreciative.

1) If a subscription is cancelled, then renewed minutes later, will I encounter any problems the next time I open Premiere Pro to work on a project I previously created?

2) Alternately, if I cancel my subscription and don't renew it right away -- will I still be able to open and work in my existing PP projects (off my hard drive)? 

3) If the answer to #2 is no -- will everything work fine when I renew the subscription in the future?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  no

2. no, because you won't be able to open any cc apps when your subscription ends.  if you had (and there existed) a program that could open your pp source files you'd be ok.  your production files would be fine.

3. yes.

and you loose no locally stored files when a subscription ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines