Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS6 installation problem

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a problem activating PS CS6.
I was replacing the SSD in my Macbook Pro. Before replacing, I uninstalled PS CS6. After replacing it, I can't reinstall CS6
I bought a PS CS3 first and then a PS CS6 as an upgrade. I have 2 codes to activate.
After uploading PS CS6, I entered the upgrade code. A message appeared in the window that the code was invalid. Unfortunately, you cannot re-enter the code, because the Adobe window says that I am not connected to the Internet, which is not true.
In the chat, Adobe employees did not explain anything.
Please help.
Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Robert26515915t4pl, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. How did you try to install CS6 after replacing your SSD? From a download link or physical disk? If you have registered or purchased your Creative Suite app from Adobe, you may be able to download CS6 from your account. You need your serial number, not only the upgrade code. Check this help page (Last updated on Aug 3, 2022) for more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs6-install-instructions.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the beginning, I wrote that I bought a PS CS3 and an upgrade to PS CS6. Purchase from the official distributor in Poland. Unfortunately, it no longer exists. Of course, I have both versions on DVD. I also have the original 2 passwords. I was installing the program from PS CS6 media. Until now, Adobe, after entering the password to upgrade to CS6, asked, then for the password to CS3. Now, after entering the password to upgrade to CS6, I immediately got a message that the password is incorrect. After that, the message in the Adobe window that the computer is not connected to the Internet is displayed all the time, which is not true. Ultimately, Adobe reported that my password was invalid or expired, and then that it was being distributed illegally. I am the first and only owner of a CS3 license and an upgrade to CS6. I did not share the password with anyone. I would like to add that I have registered the product and currently Adobe states that the version with my license is not used anywhere. Adobe is not responding, just urging you to buy a subscription for new versions. It looks bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your mac os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Mojave10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your default browser must support tls 1.2, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

to test your default browser's tls you can use , https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By password, do you mean serial number?

I may be wrong, but I think CS6 could be upgraded only from CS4 and CS5. So at some time perhaps you had a CS4 or CS5 serial number, and need to find it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I have CS3 and upgrade from CS3 to CS6. It was warking well for many years. 

2. Pasword = serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding offline activation :

1. I dont understand what is machine request code that I have to write on the left. How can I receive it?

2. Which serial number I should write first,  of CS3 or of upgrade to CS6 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pressed "generate response code" and an "invalid request code" alert appeared. I also used serial number of upgrade to CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check default browser tls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really should check this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/ps-cs6-installation-problem/m-p/13257961...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, offline activation was also unsuccessful. After obtaining the Request Code and trying to generate a Response Code, the following alerts appeared in both fields: Wrong Request Code and Wrong serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, check your default browser tls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have up to date Google Chrome ver. 106.0.5249.103.  It means that tls 1,2 is standard mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's answer just received

Dear Robert,

Thank You for sharing concern with us.

The CS6 version is no longer available, for more details please refer to the link- https://helpx.adobe.com/in/support/programs/adobe-support-policies-supported-product-versions.html

-------

But I bought PS CS6 with lifetime license. 

If so, Adobe is obliged to enable me to reactivate the program on a new disk along with the updates that have already appeared. This is probably a breach of contract by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cs6 is no longer supported by adobe, but it is available and it still can be activated.  but to activate (during the installation process), you must contact adobe's secure servers.

there are a number of things on your computer and/or network that could prevent that and trigger the error you posted in your first message.

confirm that you can connect to the secure adobe servers by reading, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

do you see both logos (after clicking the test link)?

if you can and still see a connection error try these steps, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/common-network-connectivity-issues.html

if those all fail, white list the adobe network endpoints, https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zrzut ekranu 2022-10-11 o 14.22.12.png

I see both logos.

I checked my settings on MacOS. All incoming connections are allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is OK with my internet connection, since after entering the serial number, Adobe sent me this:

Zrzut ekranu 2022-10-10 o 21.40.21.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so you made progress by getting past that internet connection error and getting that invalid license error.

unfortunately, that invalid license error is probably not possible to over-come.  your only hope of past that is IF you purchased your cs6 directly from adobe.com, and not a reseller or amazon or anyone else.

did you purchase it from (and hopefully register it with) adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already explained that I have bought PS CS3 and the upgrade to PS CS6 from the official and probably the only distributor in Poland -  Wimal company. The boxes were originally packed and no one had access to the serial number. If my copy installed on the old SSD until Sunday was illegal, Adobe would have blocked it. I connect to the internet with my Macbook Pro all the time. I have also mentioned that according to the Adobe website my copy is not using. As I mentioned before, according to the Adobe website, my copy is not installed on any device. According to the license, it can be installed on two devices at the same time (you can only work on one copy at a time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me remind you of the sequence of events. At first, Adobe did not notify me of any connection error. Their website was displayed where I entered the serial number and then a message about an incorrect serial number appeared and only then Adobe started to show a connection error. There is no connection error, as you can see, as evidenced by the screen from the connection test that I entered a moment ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answer to Adobe:

Hello Adobe Customer Care.

Your answer is ridiculous. I purchased PS CS6 software with a lifetime license. This means that I still have the right to install my copy on the new SSD, and Adobe is supposed to make it possible for me. By blocking me from reinstalling the software and using it, you are breaking the contract.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea how to contact with an official Adobe technical support? But not by phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines