Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS6 installation problem

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a problem activating PS CS6.
I was replacing the SSD in my Macbook Pro. Before replacing, I uninstalled PS CS6. After replacing it, I can't reinstall CS6
I bought a PS CS3 first and then a PS CS6 as an upgrade. I have 2 codes to activate.
After uploading PS CS6, I entered the upgrade code. A message appeared in the window that the code was invalid. Unfortunately, you cannot re-enter the code, because the Adobe window says that I am not connected to the Internet, which is not true.
In the chat, Adobe employees did not explain anything.
Please help.
Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first, there was no problem connecting to Adobe. Adobe has displayed a place to enter the serial number. I entered the number, confirmed it and a message was displayed that the number was incorrect (see screen). Then, probably after closing PS CS6 and reopening it, a message began to appear to activate the program and the lack of internet connection. At the same time, my computer passed the Adobe Internet connection test.
Thanks for your time and dedication.
I also have responsibilities. We will not solve this problem. Only Adobe, in my opinion, can explain the situation and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i believe this is incorrect, " We will not solve this problem. Only Adobe, in my opinion, can explain the situation and help." IF you are at the point where you no longer see the incorrect number message when you carefuly enter your 24 digit adobe cs6 serial number.

but i understand your frustration.  if you want to give up or try with some else, no problem.

otherwise:

uninstall cs6

clean per, http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer

reinstall cs6 being very careful when entering the 24 digit (6 groups of 4) serial number when prompte

and then carefully entering the cs3 serial number when prompted (and at this point, hold your breath because the cs3 activation servers are shut down so this is a prime failure point).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Robert26515915t4pl, my goodness, this has come a long way in the short time since I was the first to reply to your post. Thank you very much to others who offered their time and support to help you with this issue, especially @kglad, in my absence. I read now we are at the point where only Adobe can help you reactivate your CS6 license. I know you indicated you do not want to contact them by phone, but honestly, that may be the only way through this. Someone at Adobe can look up the status of your serial number and let you know where you stand. But we can't do that here. As posted earlier, to call Adobe, search this list for the support phone number in your country: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

The registration of your software through the third-party distributor is likely a hang-up. Yours is a cautionary tale for others running the old versions to immediately check their Adobe account to make sure the product is registered. However, MAYBE, if you can document your original purchases with a receipt or bank statement proving the purchases, you can find a sympathetic person at Adobe to issue you a new serial number and download link to replace the software you are trying to activate now. I don't know if this is even possible, but it's worth asking if you want to spend more time and energy to explore the possibility through Adobe support. Of course, a successful activation of CS6 on your individual, particular system is something else altogether.

If you are not able to achieve this, there are some other alternatives for you, depending on what you use Photoshop for. Photoshop for the Web may be a possibility at some point, as is the Photography Plan for US $9.99/month for an annual subscription or $119.88/year prepaid. I know you have invested a lot already for the use of Photoshop, as have many, if not the majority, of us here. However, as times and technology evolve, so do our businesses and deliverable expectations. Perhaps a trusted client or sponsor can front you the cost of a subscription? You can reimburse them through new paid works created with the latest software and your talent. I realize I'm not telling you anything new, but I hope you can sense our sincere and heartfelt attempts to guide you through the issue you are facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J E L, it's not clear (to me) that there is a license issue (yet).  the license problem notice only occurred once, i believe, and so may have been the result of a typo while entering the serial number.

on subsequent tries to enter the serial number, after starting the installed program, the op sees an internet connection fail notice.

we've gone through all the first level connection problem troubleshooting and can't find a problem there.  we're now going to the reinstall stage after cleaning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. The Polish hotline number you provided may be particularly useful. In the chat, Adobe employees did not even tell me about it. Only a hotline number to the USA (high cost of calls from Poland). I will let you know after contacting the hotline.
Thank you and best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, glad I could help @Robert26515915t4pl. Please do let us know what happens. And as @kglad explains, this may not be a problem with your serial number. But it is best to get that sorted out early on. Then, you may be able to get things rolling again with a fresh installation and activation. I would ask if it's possible to get a direct download link for the last version of CS6, with a single new serial number. This way, you don't have the issue of trying to integrate the upgrade licenses from the earlier CS3. It may not be possible, but worth asking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J E L,

yes there are direct download links for all the cs programs and version. they are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have PS CS6 on the original DVD. I just need an update from Adobe. Let's end the discussion for today. I will see what I will achieve after contacting me by phone and let me know. I am leaving for a conference tomorrow and I have 2 very busy days. I'll call the hotline on Friday.
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hint.
For me, it's not a problem to enter both codes from CS3 and upgrade to CS6. I have them on the packaging, so no one can dispute their authenticity. Also, I will probably stay with the current solution, unless Adobe recommends such a solution to avoid similar problems as I have now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't activate cs3, so installing it first is not recommended.

when installing cs6 first, you'll be prompted for the cs6 serial number, and (if all goes well), you'll be prompted for your cs3 number (and it's at that point i expect you to hit a wall because that cs3 number cannot be evaluated).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier I explained how the authorization process was carried out. After entering the serial number of the upgrade to CS6, the site asked again to enter the CS3 serial number. Never in reverse. As I asked, let's close for today. I have a Polish telephone number from J E L to the Adobe hotline. I'll call Adobe hotline on Friday and let you know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

Reinstallation was successful.
I called a foreign (as it turned out) hotline (I hope it's true that it is free hotline 😉 ), where a consultant from India explained to me, or maybe understood already during the activation of CS6, that online activation is no longer possible.
He said the activation process would be complicated and asked to be able to remotely control the computer. For this purpose, they send a program that runs, as the consultant said, for the duration of the session.
I defended myself, but finally agreed.
After an unsuccessful online activation attempt, the consultant went to offline activation. For some reason, it was also not easy. The first time, the consultant also received an request code error.
On the second try it was successful.

After completing the activation, the consultant sent me instructions on how to go offline activation by yourself. I am pasting these guidelines here. I know a link has been provided for how to do this, but maybe someone would need some other words to explain.

"Greetings from Adobe!

This email is regarding the conversation we had for the CS6 Activation. Here I am sharing the offline activation steps to activate the application below: 

< Launch the product.
1). At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.
2). Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.
3). Write down the Request Code.
4). Switch to an online computer and navigate to
 www.adobe.com/go/getactivated 
5). Click Offline Activation.
6). Sign in with your Adobe ID.
7). Enter your Request code and click Generate.
8). Write down the Response code.
9). Switch back to the offline computer.
10). Enter the Response Code and click Activate."

The only thing that is not clear to me is step 3). How the consultant got the request code? 
The offline PS CS6 activation procedure is so complicated that it's nice if Adobe released a video tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(i don't think they'll be releasing a tutorial about what you described.)

but thanks for the follow-up.  (and you should probable run some virus and backdoor scans.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click "Generate a Response Code", the Offline Activation software generates the Request Code. 

Yes, it's a bit confusing. They could have saved a ton of confusion by just calling it a code both times, or code 1 and code 2 to distinguish between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines