• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS6, Lr 6 and Windows 11

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS CS6 and Lr v6 on Windows 10. Will the software be compatible with Windows 11? Can I migrate to new system?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is from 2012 and it is no longer updated, so try at your own risk... may work, may not

What do you mean by "migrate" ? Do you have a utility program that claims to "bundle" programs on one computer and "place" on another computer?

As far as I know, the only way to get a program on a new computer is to do a fresh install

-Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 (and MAYBE Windows 11 ?)
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake. 'migrate' -> update the system Windows from 10 to 11.

Lr 6 will be works in Windows 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used the Win11 update process to replace Win10 without doing a fresh install, so I don't know if CS6 will keep working, or not

Microsoft is USUALLY good about maintaining backward compatibility, so after you do the update you can come back here and make a report

As far as Lightroom, you should ask in that forum

To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Legacy CS6 software is NOT certified to work on Windows 11 and never will be. Use at your own risk.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines