Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question About Creative Cloud

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Friends!

I am contemplating purchasing a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud (student).

I need to know I do work at the library and at home. At the library, I use  Mac Book Air and at home a Windows system. Would one subscription allow me to install CC on both systems? Of course, neither will I, nor anybody else will never be using them simultaneously at the same time.

This is a make-or-break issue for me.

Thank you and have a good day!

Susan Flamingo

TOPICS
Activation , CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

At the library, I use  Mac Book Air and at home a Windows system. Would one subscription allow me to install CC on both systems?

Yes. Windows and/or Mac does not matter.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

yes, but there can be problems.  the sure fire fix is to open an app when you have a connection and then leave them open/minimzed.

that's easy to do when traveling with a laptop. not sure that's helpful with power outages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the library, I use  Mac Book Air and at home a Windows system. Would one subscription allow me to install CC on both systems?

Yes. Windows and/or Mac does not matter.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your attention!

Yes, very clear. A picture is worth a thousand words! (Of course, only up the the time of AI, and now it may be worth a thousand lies)

Anyway: Does a subscription to CC give me access to Adobe Stock (photos, fonts etc)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your attention!

Yes, very clear. A picture is worth a thousand words! (Of course, only up the the time of AI, and now it may be worth a thousand lies)

Anyway: Does a subscription to CC give me access to Adobe Stock (photos, fonts etc)?

By @SuzzyFlamingo

No for stock photos - but with that said there are plenty of free images in the Adobe stock library that you can use or other libraries of stock imagery that are free or low cost.

For the fonts, you can utilize them in your work with your plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again your attention is appreciated!

Can fonts that were downloaded as part of CC be used by other Windows apps like Msoft Word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another pre-purchase question:

To use the CC apps that I have downloaded, do I have to be connected to the net the whole time? I mean if there is a power outage and my router is down but I still have battery power on my UPS I will not be able to continue using the apps?

Thank You

Suzzy flamingo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but there can be problems.  the sure fire fix is to open an app when you have a connection and then leave them open/minimzed.

that's easy to do when traveling with a laptop. not sure that's helpful with power outages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can talk to a real human , and not an AI chat bot about my subscription to CC? 

I am particularly concerned about when my trial will end next t weeks and it seems they want  to bill me for a subscription of an entire year, which would be over 800 dollars,  which is a little steeeeeeep for me right now. Is there a way I could pay by individual month?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can talk to a real human , and not an AI chat bot about my subscription to CC? 

I am particularly concerned about when my trial will end next t weeks and it seems they want  to bill me for a subscription of an entire year, which would be over 800 dollars,  which is a little steeeeeeep for me right now. Is there a way I could pay by individual month?

By @SuzzyFlamingo

The current plans for the entire year are either $59.99/mo annually, or $89.99/mo with a month-to-month commitment which ends up near $1,100 per year. Is $300/year worth it for the convenience of cancelling early?

I think the bigger question would be what do you really need from the Adobe programs? If you only need Photoshop the photo plan at $19.99/mo is a much better deal. Or there are other alternatives besides Adobe that you could evaluate if budget is a concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need InDesign, Acrobat, and maybe a little PS, and Illustrator. Can I bargain a deal wit them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SuzzyFlamingo 

no.  the most economical plan for all those apps is the all apps plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suite is likely going to be best option for you. However, depending on what you really need from all the programs listed, you could just buy InDesign only or InDesign and Acrobat if you need its paid features ( https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/pricing/compare-versions.html ), and then look to Photoshop Express for photo editing or a free vector editing tool like Inkscape to do minimal vector work. So there are ways to save money if the $750/yr is too much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't buy the regular plans as you are a student. Use the Educational pricing.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/buy/students.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it is dirt cheapScreenshot_229.jpg for students. So why did they explicitly tell me 70 $ with a year commitment? I already Uninstalled everything. I really don't have the nerves for all this rollercoaster stuff....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to submit verification that you attend/teach at an accredited school, or use an accredited school email address with your account. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/education-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Call Adobe and see if you qualify for edu pricing. You may need to purchase through your school so check with them as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines