Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged"

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright information first:

I just bought a Dell XPS 15 (9510) new. Has i9 processor, came with Windows 10 pro with free update to 11 pro. If more spec or hardware information is helpful I can supply that. This thing is brand new from Dell and I've had it for 3 days.

I tried installing Adobe CC App. While still using running Win. 10 and it failed—received "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of the Creative Cloud"

I then upgraded to Windows 11 and tried again to receive the same error unfortunately. Now I've tried everything that has been suggested on this forum in related threads. Used both the CC uninstall application as well as the CC cleaner tool. I have restarted, shutdown, uninstalled, removed all adobe related files, disabled firewall in every order on both my main account and the hidden admin account that I enabled. Nothing worked.

I contacted Adobe last night, gave them remote access, they tried a few things I haven't seen.

First was:

opened run command >certmgr.msc >personal >certificates 

Then deleted Adobe related certs.

Second:

Open services >credential manager

Then restart.

Third:

Control panel >windows credentials

Remove Adobe related credentials.

They then proceeded to used the cc uninstall and cleaner apps., Changed Adobe folders to adobe.old, restart system, login to admin account, disable firewall and finally install. It did not work. They fiddled with it for a couple more hours to no avail.

They said they could install the apps I wanted from a direct link and get going other than that they didn't know what else to do. This was not a solution to me though because I would need the CC app if I wanted to update anything or if I decided I wanted to utilize another app. They said the only other thing they could think to try was do a new windows install.

This is something I haven't tried because I have contacted Dells support team since and they suggested I run windows SFC but if there are no errors a fresh install may not do anything. Well I ran it and it shows no errors.

So the question/s. Is there a known compatibility issue here? Is it Win 11? Adobe app broken? Anything? I'm like 12hrs into fiddling with all this and have made no progress. If anyone has any other thoughts that haven't been posted to the forum I'd love to try them.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Well after all that I figured it out...

Had to repair the visual c++

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Thanks for this post. I had the same problem with a new Dell Inspiron 16 7610 running Windows 11. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling Visual C++ runtime solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well after all that I figured it out...

Had to repair the visual c++

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this post. I had the same problem with a new Dell Inspiron 16 7610 running Windows 11. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling Visual C++ runtime solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you! I just received my Dell XPS 15 9510 and was having the exact same problem. I've spent the last 3 hours trying to figure it out, and it wasn't until I searched for the dell model info that I came across this post of yours. I don't know if your Dell arrived the same, but I had 8 different visual C++ distributables installed. I repaired both the x86 and x64 2015-2022 versions and now the Creative Cloud app is working w/out issue. You're a lifesaver! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines