• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error Encounterd: Not Enough Disk Space"

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep trying to download Adobe Acrobat Pro and it keeps saying that I don't have enough disk space. But, I do. I have way more than enough.

But, just in case, how do I choose to where this .exe downloads to? It seems to default to my c: and doesn't let me change it?

I have checked online and some say this can be a security/permissions issue. I have tried various permissions troubleshooting include turning my security on/off.

I still get this error.

Please help. I need this software to accept an agreement for my work. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Please press Windows+R button together and you will get a run command window, please type-in %temp% and hit enter.

Delete all contents present inside temp folder. You can skip the files which cannot be deleted.

Right click on .exe file and select Run as Administrator option .

Still same ?? please provide more details like :

Which version of Acrobat Pro you are trying to install .??

Version of Windows.??

Also if possible post screenshot of error .

Optional :

Enable Hidden Admin account and then try to i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please press Windows+R button together and you will get a run command window, please type-in %temp% and hit enter.

Delete all contents present inside temp folder. You can skip the files which cannot be deleted.

Right click on .exe file and select Run as Administrator option .

Still same ?? please provide more details like :

Which version of Acrobat Pro you are trying to install .??

Version of Windows.??

Also if possible post screenshot of error .

Optional :

Enable Hidden Admin account and then try to install Acrobat Pro. If you are able to install , then you can disable Hidden Admin account post installation process and continue using the app on your regular account.

Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7, 8, or 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error when trying to edit a pdf file.  

My disk has plenty of free space available.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much is "plenty" please, Paul? Please be exact. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several GBs and remind you that I'm just trying to use the EDIT function.

Anyways, I logged out, closed out and logged back in and it's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's NOT plenty. That's desperately short, and the system can use it up a second, so can Acrobat. I think the message is correct. Logging out probably deleted a few files, but problems will be back unless you free many tens of GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many tens of GBs to edit a PDF.  Ok sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix did not work for me at all.  I have a small c:drive that runs only the system software.  A separate internal hard drive is where I lkeep program files and it has 100's of GB free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doogschmuck,

in the Creative Cloud App, you can change the actual Installation Path.

1. Open the Creative Cloud App, click the burger menu icon (three dots) in the upper right corner and then choose "Preferences...".
2. In the Preferences, select "Creative Cloud" from the tab menu and then look out for the "Installation Path" drop-down menu (it should be under the "App Language" area).
3. Click on the said drop-down menu and choose "Edit..."

(Some of the wordings might be off, as I use the Creative Cloud App in German language)

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2023 and I'm in the same boat. Small C: drive only running programs and about 2 T of space on a D: drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@slpProjects 

how much free c drive space do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 23 G which according to the guidelines I found it should be enough. I finally had to re-install using the Cloud panel rather than the direct link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@slpProjects 

thanks for the update.

for others, 

a. you can't change the location of the cc desktop app

b. you can change the location of the apps installed by the cc desktop app:

1. uninstall the adobe programs that you want to move (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html)

2. open the cc application, click upper left hamburger menu>file>preferences>apps>and change the install location (to a non-root folder on a local hard drive).

3. install the programs you wanted to move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I tried that before and it didn't work for me but thanks for the instruction. I will give it a try. I only run programs on my C: drive so if I could move the Adobe files, it may make a BIG difference. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sure. keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines