Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"You don't have access to manage apps"

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I recently subscriped to a plan with Adobe and downloaded the Creative Cloud desktop app (I'm on a Macbook Pro, running Monterey. It's a personal licence.). I've been hit with the message "You don't have access to manage apps" meaning that I cannot download any applications. 

I've attempted a few different things:

• Locating ServiceConfig.xml - I don't have the Configs folder that this lives in. I've tried creating it myself but that made no difference. 
  • Creative Cloud cleaner tool - Downloaded this and cleaned all Adobe apps on my Macbook. Didn't make any difference.

Can anyone offer any other ideas to fix this issue?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Thanks, I spoke to a very helpful agent who fixed it. 

Appreciate the time you've taken to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to delete your cached adobe login info:

Delete the entire contents of the OOBE folder:

1) Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app from the gear icon in the upper-right corner.

2) Browse to the following location based on your operating system.

A) Mac OS: /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
NOTE: \Users\<user name>\Library\ is hidden by default. To unhide see below*

B) Windows: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

NOTE: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData is hidden by default. To unhide see below*

*see bottom of https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html for info on unhidding
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. 

1. I quit the Creative Cloud desktop app
  2. I went to the following location - Mac OS: /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  3. I removed all the files from that folder
  4. I restarted CC desktop app
  5. Nothing. Still same error 

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work for me ! Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@julio ricardod72900390 

which solution worked for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a permissions issue with your OS. I'm assuming you are not the administrator of the computer, meaning it may not be a personal computer but one from an employer/school/etc. If that is the case you will need to contact your IT administrator to give you permissions to install the app or they may need to install it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my own personal computer. Not an employers/schools or anything like that. I am the admin, as I'm the only user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your computer a managed device? Are you a local administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my own personal laptop. Not an employers/schools or anything like that. I am the admin, as I'm the only user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately none of this worked. Tried creating a new admin too, but that didn't work. Appreciate your help though!

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact adobe support.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I spoke to a very helpful agent who fixed it. 

Appreciate the time you've taken to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the fix? I'm having the same problem lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, contact the organization that manages the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum. The message is accurate in your case, and you need to work with your School's Creative Cloud plan administrator for additional help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am our district's CC plan administrator. I just opened up a ticket in our Admin Console to ask support as well. We deployed shared device licenses to an entire lab using the same package. Most machines are working, but a few of them I'm getting this problem when I login. All the devices show up as a successful install when I run a report to see what devices have a shared device license installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, James. Please post any further questions you have in the Enterprise and Teams discussion forum at https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/ct-p/ct-enterprise-and-teams?page=1&sort=latest_repl....

For future viewers of this discussion, if you have an individual membership and unrestricted access to the computer you are using then please try the suggestions in this public forum discussion.

For any other membership types please work with your plans administrator, you will need their assistance if you have a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn't work, try creating a new admin user and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Solution is on this website that the community does not allow me to copy and paste

https://go.wmich.edu/s/article/You-dont-have-access-to-manage-apps-in-Adobe-Creative-Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's better to post the solution:

Windows

1. Exit the Creative Cloud application.
  2. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs.
  3. Move the ServiceConfig file to the desktop and confirm Administrator privileges if prompted.
  4. Right-click the file and open with Notepad.
  5. Change the following value:
    <name>AppsPanel</name><visible>false</visible>

to

<name>AppsPanel</name><visible>true</visible>
  6. Save and close the file
  7. Move the file back to the folder it was in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs) and confirm Administrator privileges if prompted.
  8. Restart the computer

Your Apps panel should now be available

macOS

1. Exit the Creative Cloud application.
  2. Open Finder, click Go in the menubar, and then Go to Folder...
  3. Type /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs
  4. Copy the ServiceConfig file to the desktop.
  5. Right-click the file and open with TextEdit.
  6. Change the following value:
    <name>AppsPanel</name><visible>false</visible>

to

<name>AppsPanel</name><visible>true</visible>
  7. Save and close the file
  8. Move the file back to the folder it was in (/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs) and Authenticate with your password if prompted.
  9. Restart the computer

Your Apps panel should now be available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the TS already wrote - there is no any file 'ServiceConfig.xml' (as like as folder 'Config') in this location. So, what i have to do for normal access to the apps????? I am the owner of macbook, this is my individual plan (so as TS has) - and I still have this trouble - 'You don't have access to manage apps'! It's really piss me off and makes me crazy! Help!!! My workflow is ruined!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ELISEI34648885f687 

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails and you have windows, open your control panel > add/remove programs > cc desktop app > repair

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me ! thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Antoine24629964mvg8 @julio ricardod72900390 

you're both welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines