• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Adobe Portfolio with Tracking Codes

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. Our site was created with Adobe Portfolio. I would like to place a tracking tag in the site code. Is this possible on a Portfolio site? How you do it? Thank you, Sandra.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Portfolio does not permit users to add their own HTML, CSS or Scripts for security reasons.  However, you may add custom meta tags and Google Analytics Tracking code from designated areas in the Portfolio editing console.  See links below.

See Google support about verifying property with HTML Meta Tag below.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/9008080?hl=en#choose_method&zippy=%2Chtml-tag

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portfolio does not permit users to add their own HTML, CSS or Scripts for security reasons.  However, you may add custom meta tags and Google Analytics Tracking code from designated areas in the Portfolio editing console.  See links below.

See Google support about verifying property with HTML Meta Tag below.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/9008080?hl=en#choose_method&zippy=%2Chtml-tag

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nency,

Thank you for your advise above. However, to use it (to find Tracking ID), first I need to register Property, and to register property I need to copy certain text obtained from Google Webmaster panel into the DNS configuration for the portfolio site in question. Do you know how to do it?
Many thanks in advance,

Igor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Capt. Igor,

There are 3 ways to verify property with Google. You DO NOT have to change your DNS configuration. 

Use the Custom Meta Tag method.  Copy & paste code from Google console into your Portfolio's custom meta tag fields.

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="your_google_code_here" />

See this link for more details.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015806633-Custom-Meta-Tags

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy!

I didn't know that it can be done by way of meta tags.

Many thanks indeed.

Igor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for disturbing you again, but verification failed...

I copied text line which I got from verification domain window google-site-verification=some_code_here into meta tag like this:
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="some_code_here" />

is it correct?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

IgorAnnotation 2021-11-19 192513.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it failed.  You're trying to use the wrong verification method.  Like I said before, DO NOT use DNS text record.  Use the HTML meta tag verification method described below.

If you still need help, reach out to Adobe Portfolio's support team

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy!

I managed 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Glad to hear it's working. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy!

Unfortunately things are not so good as they should be... although this is another story...

The problem now is that I bought hosting from namecheap together with domen and asked them to set an email linked with my portfolio, as a result of their efforts they directed whole portfolio to their severs!!!! :((((

Fighting second day to undo it... nightmare.

Thank you for kind assistnace.

Igor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Gmail.  It's free email service from Google. 

Server hosting is entirely different from a Domain Name. 

I hope get it all sorted, soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am trying to paste the tracking code in adobe portfolio but it wont work. I have set up everything correctly in google analytics and copied the Measurement-ID / Tracking code, for example G-0000000000 from analytics and paste it in the field for "tracking code for analytics" in adobe portfolio. But, analytics says that there is no connection between the website and the tag and therefor no data has been received. And under installation instructions (see attached image) I try to type in the website address but it says that the address is not supported. And I can not find adobe portfolio as one of the website builder or content management system. Why is that? It seems like adobe portfolio is not supported for google analytics. Please help me solve this!

Regards,

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ellenj34612205,

If I understand correctly, you're attempting to add newest Google Analytics Tracking (GA4) to your current Portfolio site.  AFAIK, Portfolio doesn't accept the new tracking code. I could be wrong but I've been busy with more urgent matters.

To the best of my knowledge, Google expects you to create a new GA4 property that connects your old UA analytics to the new & improved version GA4 system.  You can read more about it on Google Console.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/13486733

Or you can reach out to the Portfolio Support Team below.

- Contact Portfolio Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines