• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Animate May 2023 update v23.0.2 is now live!

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi--My Animate keeps failing to update (says "update failed"). The app opens (I'm using 23.01, build 70) and using Big Sur on my mac (11.76). There are a number of apps I use that won't use the last mac OS, and the latest one I can use is Monterey.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

not a folder, a file.

in  /Library/Application Support/Adobe, press Command + Option + Control + N and paste the exact name Animate HLAN 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was there an error code in the update failed message?

does your computer meet specs, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html?

<branched and moved from animate>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Error code 198. It told me to try again. I did and it still failed. (same error code). And when I click on the error code, it says this: 

FATAL: Error occurred in install product workflow with error code 198 error message Source: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate HLAN 2023; Destination: /System/Volumes/Data/.adobeTemp/D6D644B0-91BD-4609-A7D5-352B673D28AD; ErrorDesc: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “Animate HLAN 2023” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate HLAN 2023, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fea0364ac30 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}
ERROR: Failed to backup folder /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate HLAN 2023 with error Source: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate HLAN 2023; Destination: /System/Volumes/Data/.adobeTemp/D6D644B0-91BD-4609-A7D5-352B673D28AD; ErrorDesc: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “Animate HLAN 2023” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate HLAN 2023, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fea0364ac30 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}, aborting installation.
WARN: Error Failed to copy src file '/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate HLAN 2023' to dst file '/System/Volumes/Data/.adobeTemp/D6D644B0-91BD-4609-A7D5-352B673D28AD'.
WARN: CopyFile failed: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “Animate HLAN 2023” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate HLAN 2023, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fea0364ac30 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}} for Source: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate HLAN 2023, Destination: /System/Volumes/Data/.adobeTemp/D6D644B0-91BD-4609-A7D5-352B673D28AD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate HLAN 2023

a) Go to File > Get Info, and then select Sharing & Permissions. Select system from the Name column.

b) Ensure that it has Read & Write privilege.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried that and there is no Animate HLAN 2023 file (or Animate folder) in the Adobe folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create one and give it read/write privileges

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to I create one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean create a folder in the Adobe folder called "Animate" and give that folder read/write privileges? 

Or a file called "Animate HLAN 2023" and give it read/write privileges? If it's the second one, how do I create the file?  Many thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not a folder, a file.

in  /Library/Application Support/Adobe, press Command + Option + Control + N and paste the exact name Animate HLAN 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Will do. BRB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure. keep this updated, when you have the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will call Adobe tomorrow (actually posted this last week, totally forgot about it cause, work week from hell).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, please don't start duplicate threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies. And won't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank you so much!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines