Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Audition CC 2018 downgraded to trial version after renewing my annual plan

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I seem to be unable to edit my own post, a quick addendum:

The trial window offers three options, "Join Now," "License this Software," and "Continue Trial".

"Join Now," takes me to my CC account (it can't tell that I have already joined, even after my signed-in account page loads!)

"License this Software" yields a gray box and "Internet Connection Required for Subscriptions" despite being signed in on the CC helper app which I used to open the app in the first place!

"Continue Trial" changes nothing and continues the trail.

Chris

[Mod note: moved to perhaps more appropriate forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Thank you Peru Bob and Nancy Oshea for your suggestions!

Here is how I solved the issue:

1. Confirm connection to the internet
2. Open and sign in to the CC helper app
3. Open Audition CC 2018
4. Wait for the trial window to appear
5. Open Windows 8.1 Control Panel and disable the Firewall (both settings!!!)
6. Go back to Audition CC 2018 trial window and click "License this Software"
7. Wait while the gray wheel spins (it took almost a minute!)
8. The trial window will load a thank you message.
9. Open a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly the welcome I had hoped for after renewing my CC Individual Plan on Dec 1, 2021:

Later that day, my 2018 version of Audition and other CC apps were demoted to 7-day trial versions on my Win 8.1 laptop, despite assurances from Technical Support and Billing that my 2018 CC apps would continue to work as before.

Audition CC 2018 had worked fine the previous day. My 2018 CC apps indicate that I am signed in on Help menu (signing in and out works but changes nothing). Adobe Billing confirmed that my account is paid in full. I am able to activate and open CC apps on my spare Win 10 laptop.

Oddly, the web version of Creative Cloud does not see my CC 2018 installs while the CC helper app on my Win 8.1 laptop sees and opens CC 2018 apps - though now as trial versions.

I doubt that activation through my 8.1 laptop is the culprit. As suggested by Adobe's troubleshooting page, I can access the activation servers; I checked my time server and cleaned my hosts file (with the Limited Access Repair Tool and then manually) to no avail. And every CC 2018 app was activated and working fine until I renewed my account.

Adobe Tech support remains baffled after three separate and lengthy phone calls. They closed my case without a solution and without asking me - ouch!

Has anyone else experieced this downgrade? Is anyone still running Audition 2018 CC succesfully on Win 8.1 or Win 10?

I cannot upgrade my OS or to the latest CC on my Win 8.1 laptop. Some elements of my work and ongoing projects require a legacy version and legacy laptop.

Thank you for reading this far!

Chris

ps What happened to the old interface? It was so much easier to follow threads and comment! And the tags served up by the forum AI have nothing to do with my topic (sorry)!

MESSAGES MERGED... Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Peru Bob and Nancy Oshea for your suggestions!

Here is how I solved the issue:

1. Confirm connection to the internet
2. Open and sign in to the CC helper app
3. Open Audition CC 2018
4. Wait for the trial window to appear
5. Open Windows 8.1 Control Panel and disable the Firewall (both settings!!!)
6. Go back to Audition CC 2018 trial window and click "License this Software"
7. Wait while the gray wheel spins (it took almost a minute!)
8. The trial window will load a thank you message.
9. Open a file in Audition CC 2018 and close Audition (this is just to test, not essential)
10. Re-enable Windows Firewall
11. Reboot computer

After a week, the issue has not reappeared. Based on additional research, it seems Adobe activation and the regular confirmation of activation operate along different routes / protocols / etc.

I did not update the Creative Clould helper app due to reports that it freezes users out of older versions regardless of their current OS. I did not test this, but it is the preferred path based on Adobe's inconsisted support of older apps and Operating Systems.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

Hope that helps. 😇

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines