Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: how do i cancel my free trial?

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,
I subcribed to a free trial of Adobe Pro acrobat (name maybe wrong). I forgot about it. A day after the expiration I go into my account to cancel it, and note that my paypal card expired, so they could not take the money anyway. No idea how to cancel?! I obviously will not update my paypal details. Your advice is appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

HI Louise,

The free trial expires on it own and you need not make any changes to your account regarding the same. It might prompt you to update the details so that you can continue using the subscription, however, in order to stop using the product, kindly don't make any billing changes to your account.

Hope this helps! Feel free to update the thread for more questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support by using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Louise,

The free trial expires on it own and you need not make any changes to your account regarding the same. It might prompt you to update the details so that you can continue using the subscription, however, in order to stop using the product, kindly don't make any billing changes to your account.

Hope this helps! Feel free to update the thread for more questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe automatically bills the credit card you provided if you don't cancel before the end of the trial period. I cancelled my Creative Cloud Photography plan today (Saturday). I had to use the chat feature in the Manage Account section of the confirming email I received after I subscribed. The chat person was servicing many members so it took about 45 minutes to cancel. I immediately received a cancellation email. I requested a copy of the chat transcript which I also received quickly. I advise others to use Virtual Credit Card Number (VCN) for all online and phone purchases even including free trials which may be charged in the future. The VCN is a unique and different number tied to your regular credit card number. A dollar cap can be set on the VCN card somewhat above the expected charge amount. I used $12 for a potential future charge of $9.99. You can also set a card valid time of 2 mos min to 12 mos max. Once one vendor uses this VCN, no other vendor or person can use it even if it is hacked online. Once it is verified as a valid card number by a vendor, you can CLOSE it before it is used. This avoids any possible charges if you decide to cancel a subscription or order before it is charged. Even if my number were hacked before it was used by Adobe, the thief could only steal a maximum of  $12. Otherwise the thief could steal up to the balance of your credit card's credit limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if i forget to cancel my free 7 day trial, i won't get charged for a subscription even though i put my credit card information ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things have changed since this two year old thread started.

Cancel your trial to be safe :

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,    I thought link above would do it.

I want to cancel a free trial.  Today is Day 7 so I need to do this today.

I watched the video on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

So go here itsays ...   https://account.adobe.com/plans/dc

Select Manage plan or View plan for the plan you want to cancel.

View Plan page has no cancel button.  It has "upgrade plan".    I went in there but no path to cancel.

I have spent way too much time on this.   Any help appreciated.

.Also, where is the general support email or form for Adobe?

THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and 1st link with video has this

>>> Don't see Cancel plan? The option isn't available if we're processing your payment or had a problem with it. Try again in 24 hours.

This does not help as I have tried for past view days.and still no Cancel button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Support Virtual Assistant helped me.

Turns out I had another email login account.   Got crossed up between 2. 

Problem Solved, Cancel button is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. I had a 7 day free trial and I put my credit card info and they charged me for the all apps subscription. if you went through the same could please show me how you fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi this is a new order online for free trail , but the website goes to my paypal.upldated and the POHOTOSHOP function online version sign in doesnt work at all, the webpage just keep on and on going for sign in ... i want to cancel it right away.. so treaky.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support by using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human
inform the agent that you want to cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines