• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-install CS3 Design Premium Qualifying Program Error

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I re-install and re-activate CS-3 on a new pc? Although the product is no longer supported I should be able to re-install and activate the product.
I want to use the Adobe PDF Pro 8 but cant use it until I launch and activate Photoshop or one of the other programs in the Suite first then Qualifying Program Error.
I upgraded from CS2 Premium to CS3 Design Premium with WEB Standard back in 2007.
I dont need the others as I have a subscription for some of them.
Can this be achieved or have I just got a useless (expensive) box of Adobe Product?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Can this be achieved or have I just got a useless (expensive) box of Adobe Product?

Unfortunately not. CS3 is a dead product and can no longer be activated.

See the official confirmation from Adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I remember reading that Adobe turned of the activation servers for CS3 quite some years ago - I want to say at least 5 years ago? Unless someone comes along with better news, I suspect you have an expensive bookend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. CS3 is a dead product and can no longer be activated.

See the official confirmation from Adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks John,
I know that CS3 (and a lot of other progs) are old but I, like many people, still use win 7 pro for certain work.
I think the 'system' of registration and activation STINKS as I am now hung out to dry by Adobe..
Adobe should give every customer with product purchased product outright and no longer supported, a serial number that will activate their products paid for and owned in perpetutory.
I think there is a case of unfair and unreasonable denial of use here.
I have wasted my hard earned $$$ buying these products outright in good faith with no way of continued use through no fault of my own.

Wrong Adobe 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did have a downloadable version with perpetual serial number for a few years, but that has been discontinued. You missed your chance to get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Adobe has looked after me and I can't thank them enough for their generous support.
Well done Adobe, thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gazaah,

I'm sorry to be blunt but it's unreasonable to expect that 15 year old software will be maintained and accessible indefinitely.  You didn't buy a "forever license," nobody did.  You had a license to use CS3 for as long as Adobe could make it available. 

CS3 had a 3-5 year shelf life after which you should have upgraded to CS5 or CS6. Why didn't you upgrade?  If you had, you would still have access to Creative Suite  -- albeit an outdated version.

Creative Suite is no longer sold legally by any vendor, retailer or in country now.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements (approx $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:
- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
- Lightroom Classic
- Portfolio website + hosting
- Spark with premium features
- Bridge
- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + apps & services) and Single Apps Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy, all good now.
Have a great day.

The issue is resolved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is resolved now.

Good to hear. Care to share how so others may benefit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact the customer care via the on line chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mean this: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.

I hope you do not mean Skype chat or something alike?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines