• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

re-install Lightroom v. 6

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to re-install Lightroom v. 6 on my new Macbook. Can anybody tell me where to find the software dwonload-link

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Direct Download Links - Free Trials | ProDesignTools

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it won't remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 will not run on any Mac using an OS of Catalina or later. Apple has discontinued support for 32-bit programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for the record, it has been pointed out to me that it will run but it won't install, uninstall or reactivate.

Preinstalled LR6 is 64 bit and will run on Catalina and later where users have upgraded their operating system. Some forum contributors are doing that.

However LR6 includes 32 bit installation components so it will not install on Catalina or later. You have to either dual boot with an external hard drive running Mojave (or earlier) or run a Parallels/Win 10/LR6 virtual machine on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much fort his hint. I tried this but I have a brand new Mac with the newest OS (64 bit). It doesn’t seem to work as intended yet. Any clues ??

Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Wybren Lok

<personal contact details removed>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clues? Yes- As stated by @LinSims -Read again- "Apple has discontinued support for 32-bit programs."

The Lr6 installer is 32bit. It cannot be installed in Mac 64bit OS. (There may be work-arounds)

You need new software for your new Mac, and Lightroom-Classic v11 (by subscription) is your best way forward.

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines