Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Installation stucks at 5 %

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have the same problem. Please help me with good advice.

I've changed SSD with operating system in PC Computer. So there is only Win 10 1803 (latest update) with MS Office 2010 and NOD32 Antivirus on the computer.

If I try to install Adobe CC or Photoshop CC or Indesign CC or Bridge CC, every installation stuck at 5%.

I tried with installation in Safe Mode with Networking and also before cleaned everything with Adobe Cleaner tool. Also tried in normal Windows mode with firewall and Antivirus software turned off. In every situation installation stuck at 5%.

What should I do?

Thank you in advance and kind regards, Vladimir

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Hi Jeff,

I finally managed to install Adobe CC after many attempts. Problem was in the files left on various places in Win 10 system folders. Adobe Cleaner doesn't help. I manually deleted (with Admin confirmation) every folder connected with Adobe. System didn't allow to delete only few folders connected with Acrobat.

First progress was when I deleted Creative Cloud folders from C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe. Installation passed 5% but stuck at 100%, no matter is it ACC or Photoshop or any other a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Vladimir, sorry you are facing errors installing Adobe CC software.  Have you been able to successfully install the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application yet?  If not then please utilize the steps listed in Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps to download an install Photoshop and InDesign CC through the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the prompt answer. Unfortunately situation is the same (stuck at 5%) when I uninstalled NOD32 Antivirus and tried again installation. So I can conclude that this isn't matter of internet access, networking or antivirus.

Is there any other Adobe software for cleaning possible installation leftovers on the disk except Adobe Cleaner tool?

We are using CC for years and before CS packages without any problem. Now with this SSD disk change (New installed disk is Samsung Pro 860 256 Gb SSD) we can't install again CC package.

Regards, Vlado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Vlado.  I am sorry but 5 percent completion does not give me any indications of why the installation is failing on the computer.

Please check the install log to locate the specific error that is causing the installation to fail.  For information on how to locate the install log see Creative Cloud download and install errors . Please post any specific errors you discover from the log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I finally managed to install Adobe CC after many attempts. Problem was in the files left on various places in Win 10 system folders. Adobe Cleaner doesn't help. I manually deleted (with Admin confirmation) every folder connected with Adobe. System didn't allow to delete only few folders connected with Acrobat.

First progress was when I deleted Creative Cloud folders from C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe. Installation passed 5% but stuck at 100%, no matter is it ACC or Photoshop or any other app.

After I deleted every possible Adobe folder and files within, I restarted computer, then run CCleaner to clean more situation. After that I also, as additional measure, turn off antivirus and firewall and started first with PS installation avoiding CC manager at first step. Everything passed smoothly.

So this maybe could help someone, especially in the case of installation to a new clean disk after few unsuccessful attempts to install. I also read on two places on this forums suggestions about what folders and files to delete, but it didn't help.

Kind regards, Vlado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Vlado!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have the same problem installing the application. It is also stuck on 5% and not continuing to install. Can you help me with this same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Raymond263615657dpm,

i assume you mean you have trouble installing the cc desktop app.  if so:

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.

update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines