• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Request Code to Activate CS6 without Internet [Branched from 2013 topic]

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Trying to reinstall my CS6 disc and the installer doesn't recognize that I'm on the internet, so I can't verify serial number.  Go to the offline verification link, and they require a REQUEST (not Response code) code plus the serial number in order to generate a Response Code.  But there is NO Request code anywhere on the disc or on the labels with the serial number on the package.  All the Adobe people answering questions on this on other forums clearly have never gone to the Offline page, because they keep referring people to it without even realizing that entering a Request Code is required along with the serial number in order to generate a Response Code to verify the installation.  And, of course, there's no Request Code included on any of the licensed materials.  Adobe sucks so bad, this is infuriating.  I'll be looking elsewhere in the future.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Hello,

I bought CS6 on ebay and tried to install on my imac last week,  I had the same problem and I couldn't find any answer on the internet, about how to get the resquest code.

Luckily I GOT it at the end, here is the way: 

1- when it comes to the point it tells you that you are not connected to the internet, just click on "connect later"

2- let it finish installing

3- double click on any of the applications, there you will get a window where you can choose to install offline (I forgot the exact wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Request codes aren't on the disk or in the package - there'd be no point to that. They are freshly made BY YOUR SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER. So the response code will work only on your computer, it's a security thing. No, I don't know what you have to click to make it, but it may save you time know you can't get it off Adobe's web site, and you can't get it off your packaging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test Screen Name, that doesn't make sense.  You can't access "YOUR SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER" until you verify the serial number online and activate the use of the program.  And you can't verify the serial number when the installer doesn't recognize you're on the internet.  And when you go to the Offline Activation page to verify your serial number, you need a Request Code to do it, which you're saying is on the program......but, the program is not yet active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can't access "YOUR SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER" 

Presumably you can and are accessing your software - because you are getting far enough to be told it can't connect to the internet. Perhaps the software, perhaps the installer. But anyway, you have to GENERATE a request code, because you won't find one anywhere else. This seems to start by following Step 2 Click "Having trouble connecting to the Internet"  It's no use jumping around the instructions or skipping steps that don't seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did everything that was suggested on network connection issues. The link
to check to see if I was able to connect to their servers indicates that I
can in fact do that, but installer still does not see that I'm connected to
internet. Adobe tool to reset hosts files was downloaded and stopped
working on the three times I tried. I did not jump around on steps or
instructions for this reinstall, bro. At no time was a Response Code
displayed on any step of the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you see when yo click "Having trouble connecting to the internet"? Screen shot may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to reinstall my CS6 disc and the installer doesn't recognize that I'm on the internet, so I can't verify serial number. 

By @lorraine5FC0

Look into your hosts file and clear it from any entries, especially anything with adobe in the name.

As for the offline activation, you should follow the guidelines here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/request-code/m-p/4993353#M124053

It is clear that your system generates a code, that code will be used together with the serial number to generate an activation code by the Adobe system. Then you take that activation code and enter it for activating your software, and you're done.

Kindly note that anything near or below CS6 is out of support for a long time now and that it may not be possible any more to install the software on modern hardware running modern OS.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abamo, I went to the help page related to network connection issues and followed the link to see if I was able to connect to the Adobe servers and I was, although the installer still sees me as offline.  I then downloaded the tool on that same page to clear hosts file, and that tool stopped working the three times I tried it.  Nonetheless, I was able to show that I can connect to the Adobe servers through the Help page link.

Despite the directions posted in the link you provided, they are wrong.  The Offline Activation page does not ask for a Request Code generated by your computer.  It asks for you to enter your PRODUCT's request code along with its serial number in order to generate a Response Code.  It is the product's request code which is nowhere to be found!  Please see attached image.  Please tell me where on that page it says to enter a computer generated request code.

As for CS6, I don't need support for the program.  The installation went fine up to the very moment that I was asked to verify the serial number online.  It is a legit and licensed copy.  

See attached image of Offline Activation form asking for PRODUCT's request code, not computer generated code.  Offline Activation Adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lorraine5FC0,

You resurrected a very old topic from 2013.  I branched and moved this to a new topic for you. 

Keep in mind that this is a user-to-user forum.  You're not talking with Adobe support here.  We are unpaid forum volunteers and fellow product users.  CS6 from 2012 is discontinued and unsupported software.  It might work or it might not.  You're using it at your own risk.

That said, which OS do you have?  And is TLS 1.2 connection enabled on your system.  I ask because you will need TLS 1.2 connections to reach Adobe's activation servers.  AFAIK that is the ONLY way to activate your CS6 serial number in 2021.  This isn't 2012 anymore.  If you don't have Internet access, I think you're stuck. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, the installation went fine until I went to verify my serial number.  If you look at the post right above yours, I explain that the instructions which all of you are linking to for Offline Activation are incorrect, and I uploaded an image of the Offline Activation page.  It should explain, I hope, the problem with the instructions.  The Offline Activation page asks for your PRODUCT's Request Code along with its serial number. Once you insert that, it will generate a Response Code which you use to verify the product.  So understand, there are two codes:  a Request Code which along with the serial number is from your product (CS6 etc), and the Response Code, which is what Adobe generates from the serial number and the request code you provide from your product.  The widely used link to the instructions for the Offline Activation are wrong because they just state to enter your serial number and click for a response code.  The Request Code, which is needed to generate the Response Code is not anywhere on said product or its packaging.  This is a legit licensed copy of CS6 which I parted with $600 for in 2012 and still have all the original packaging and labels and disc.  No Request Code anywhere.  I will upload the image of the Offline Activation page again here so you can see that it is asking for a request code from your product along with its serial number in order to generate a response code to use for activation.

I have been  using it on my Win 7 desktop because that machine is connected to my Ultrasharp monitor and I have been using it that way since 2012.  It appears to have corrupted in that certain tools are not working.  I figured an uninstall and reinstall might correct that after trying tweaks with the original install.  The reinstall went fine.  It was not being able to validate the serial number  online that is the problem.  The installer keeps telling me I'm offline.

As I explained in the former post, I went to the network connecton help page and was able to determine through Adobe's link that I am able to connect to their  activation servers.  But the PS installer still does not see me connected, which is why I tried the Offline Activation.  I don't know what a TLS 1.2 is, nor do I know what AFAIK is.  The machine in question does indeed have internet access, but the installer does not recognize it, even though I confirmed that I can connect to Adobe activation servers.  Ergo, my attempt to use the Offline Activation.  So it would be great to find out  where to locate that product Request Code so I can finish the verification of my serial number.Offline Activation Adobe.jpg

Thank you for all the work you guys do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK = As Far As I Know.

You did not answer my question. This is key, you are not following the steps to get and WRITE DOWN the request code before you go to that Offline Activation page. In case you've lost it, I asked:

"What exactly do you see when you click "Having trouble connecting to the internet"? Screen shot may help."

Going to online activation is step 7. Step 5 is "write down the request code". You say you are following all the steps, but if you had followed all the steps you would have your request code. This is as baffling for us as it is frustrating for you - how can you be following all the steps??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name,

Thank you for your continuing assist.  Here's the issue:  my installation did not provide the ability to do Steps 1 - 4, which I believe I mentioned at some previous point.  Once the installer initialized, the next step is a dialogue box to enter serial number, which is immediately followed by a dialogue box requesting you connect to the internet or follow the link to the Offline Activation page.  While others have posted this dialogue box, I will attach image of it here.  So, there is no path to create a Request Code.   The path is:  insert disc>initialize installer>insert serial number>dialogue box to connect to internet/use link for Offline Activation (attached).Connect to Internet and Retry.jpg

However, what I did not previously try is to click the button at the bottom of that diaglogue box to "Connect Later".  Doing that today on a retry of yesterday's installation allowed me to successfully install a fully-working-again CS6, which I'm very happy about.  The "Connect Later" requires a verification of the serial number within a week (I believe) or it will stop working.  However I am hopeful that at the end of the week I am prompted with some option to do the Steps 1 - 4 process if I am still unable to connect to Adobe's activation servers.  So, we'll see.  In the meantime, thank you all for your continuing support but please note, the instructions for using the Offline Activation do not correctly describe the actual process re: Steps 1 - 4.  The actual process is the path I've described above, and this is why so many people were troubled by not being able to find/generate a Request Code.  Given that this problem is unlikely to be one you'll encounter in the future, I guess it's moot.  Again, though, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, to be clear, it is Steps 2 - 5 which do not exist in the actual installation.

Step 2. Click "Having trouble connecting to the internet" - does not exist in the actual installation

Step 3. Click "Offline Activation" is one of the options in the dialogue box I posted above, but .........

Step 4. Click "Generate a Response Code" is impossible to generate if you don't already have a Request Code to enter into the Offline Activation form, and there's nowhere to create that.

Nowhere in the instructions does it tell you where to generate a Request Code, and nowhere during the actual installation is there a prompt to create one.  This Request Code is needed in the field before the serial number on the Offline Activation page in order to generate the Response Code, which you are then supposed to write down and use for the verification.  The whole step for getting a Request Code to use for generating a Response Code is missing from the instructions used here by you guys, and is never prompted or referred to during the actual installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lorraine5FC0,

Two Problems:

1. You're using Windows 7 which is not supported anymore.  Not good.

2. TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 connections are obsolete.  For security reasons, they don't work anymore.  Without TLS 1.2 enabled in Windows 7 Registry, you can't activate CS6 software anymore.  CS6 will think you're not connected to the Internet.  Contact Microsoft below for the Win7 Service Pack 1 update.  

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-pro...

3.  If this is outside your wheelhouse, reach out to a computer-savvy friend or family member who can help you. Adobe won't assist you because CS6 is discontinued and unsupported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thank you again.  Not out of my wheelhouse.  Win 7 Service packs 1, 2 and 3 were installed a long time ago, and TLS 1.2 has also been enabled for a long time.

CS6 did a massive update this morning, so I'm sort of thinking I can connect to Adobe's servers.  Not sure if that includes the activation servers, but I'll see if and when Adobe decides to try and turn off the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have texactly the same issue with my mac... 😞 And I can't see where we get that request code neither.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I solved the problem. Turns out you don't need a request code
if you did not deactivate your copy of the program before you uninstalled
it, which I did not.

Use the button "Choose to Connect Later" at the bottom of the dialogue
box. If you have not deactivated your copy of the program, it will
recognize the license and just finish the install and all is good. I just
decided to click that button because it was the only thing I hadn't tried
and I figured I'd have a week to figure out a workaround. But it allowed
the installation to go forward.

The deactivate option is at the top of Photoshop under Help. I never knew
it was there so I never deactivated the program before uninstalling - Good
Thing! Not sure why one would want to deactivate it, but just letting you
know it's there if it ever comes up. So all that about being able to
access the activation server is unnecessary if you never deactivated it.
Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a limit on how many activations you got with your perpetual license.  When that limit is exceeded, you must have access to the old device in order to deactivate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all, I also have an older iMac that i am trying to install  CS6 Suite, once it's all istalled i have the same problem comming up 😞  i have googled and contacted Adobe but to no avail, they said i should connect with the  adobe support community, the software package i have is all valid. when i try to open illustrator or any other of the package software the screenshots i have attached come up. so without that redemption code or generate responce code i cannot activate the software... what a BOMB.Com this debarcle is. has anyone got any advice further PLEASE!Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 1.25.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-11 at 1.26.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-11 at 1.40.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-11 at 1.25.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your computer clock set to the correct date & time for your timezone?

https://support.apple.com/en-ke/HT203413

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I bought CS6 on ebay and tried to install on my imac last week,  I had the same problem and I couldn't find any answer on the internet, about how to get the resquest code.

Luckily I GOT it at the end, here is the way: 

1- when it comes to the point it tells you that you are not connected to the internet, just click on "connect later"

3- double click on any of the applications, there you will get a window where you can choose to install offline (I forgot the exact wording)
4- click on it and there's your request code, and underneath, it asks for the response code

5- go online to search for "adobe offline activation", then you can generate your response code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double-click on what applications?

Can someone please post a screenshot of the steps/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PS543210Tony 

1- after starting installation, when it comes to the point it tells you that you are not connected to the internet, click on "connect later"

3- open any of the cs applications. that will trigger a panel where you can choose to install offline

4- click the install offline option > a panel shows your request code, and underneath, it asks for the response code

5- go online and browse to, https://exception.licenses.adobe.com/aoes/aoes/v1/t1?locale=en to generate your response code

6 - enter the response code requested in step 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that is NOT a screenshot, just a repeat of what you wrote.

I got a Request Code generated from my computer and Adobe did NOT accept it.

My CS6 is a legal copy I purchased directly from Adobe.  I was having computer problems and that is the only reason CS6 was uninstalled and I am now having to reinstall it.  Adobe Support is useless in this case, as they just tell you to follow the same directions you gave, but when that does NOT work, they do nothing other than tell you to upgrade to their subscription Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't have screenshots and it's pretty unlikely anyone else does.

and correct, adobe support no longer supports cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines