• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving Error 301 on Mac CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving a 301 error when trying to update my apps on my Mac (Mojave).  I've reinstalled AAM.  No luck. 

Any ideas?

--Robert

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

this was originally posted 2 years ago and several people are posting about a newer easier-to-apply solution from nmsoy (which i don't see in this thread).

anyway, here is an updated post for cc app problems.  the steps below the bold text was the answer 2 years ago that many are calling (appropriately) the nuclear option.  but there several less aggressive steps that can now be taken because adobe, in the past 2 years, has added the ability to reset the cc app preferences and to repair the cc

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont do the Nuclear Option.  Use the option below that uses Repair. It works perfectly and is easy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fist step worked out for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac: Cmd + Opt + R = WORKING! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're all welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for updating this thread to remove the... really bad... option as the accepted solution. Running the repair is the way to go and I'd hate to see somebody do something as crazy as a full uninstall/reinstall for no reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

relaunching worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, kglad! Repairing CC did the trick here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem under Mac OS and the solution for me is to give Creative Cloud permission to access the Documents (or any related)  folders.
Make sure to quit all Adobe applications that are working in the background such as Creative Cloud, CCXProcess, and CoreSync helper. Reopen Creative Cloud if it asks for permission, accept it the update should work.

Also, double-check and open System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy tab and select File and Folder in the left panel, you should see adobe apps and make sure the folders that are listed are checked for each app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total bunk.  Nothing suggested here worked for me, so I went here and downloaded the latest release manually and installed it myself. 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Adobe DC is a disaster on the Mac and is incapable of executing updates.  The repair function does not work.  The automatic updates don't work.  This is pure garbage, Adobe.  Get your act together and make this work.  It has NEVER worked. Even if it IS something specific to my Macbook Pro, your installation ought to identify that and tell me EXACTLY what needs to happen to make your update work.  Moreover, your worthless "Error 301" popup ought to direct me to this updates page and suggest that I manually download and maunually install these updates.  How hard would that have been?  Finally, telling me to root my system so that your software can install is insecure and unprofessional.  No other software that I have EVER used has told me to root the system in order to install it (and I have installed hundreds of app in Mac OS).  Your Mac incompetence exposes my client data to all kinds of zero-day exploits because my system does not auto update.  Nice work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.

if you want to address adobe corp, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am a user and I am addressing other users. Is that a problem? So should I fill out this form and tell Adobe that I WISH they would make software that work? My post was a solution in the face of an intractable problem.  Some might argue that your post was an intractable problem in the face of a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your post were a problem, i would have removed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who removes your posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me (or any other admin), but that's something i would only do (along with removing your posts) if you persisted trying to foster an irrelevant argument.

otherwise, drop the attempt and your comments remain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines