Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redeemed code for annual plan not reflected in plan on account

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

About an hour (or so) ago I redeemed a code for Adobe Creative Cloud Photgraphy Plan (12-month prepaid membership) that I got from Amazon, however, I cannot find it under my Plans and Products. I tried re-entering the code but it told me the code was already redeemed despite the fact that I cannot find the download for it or any order history of it in my Adobe account. Up until now I have been paing monthly for the Photography Plan (20GB). I have also tried the chat system, which seems to be the only method of contact, and now waited for nearly 1h30mins I'd quite like to do something fun. I need know what has happened to the redeemed plan and why it hasn't been added to my existing one.  I do still have the physical software download card and I'd appreciate any and all help with my issue. Thank you in advance for any assistance!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

So you're in your 12 month of service which is good.  The redemption code you obtained from Amazon probably has to be processed before it's credited to your account.  Wait 24 hours.  If it's not showing on your plan tomorrow, contact customer care.

Contact Customer Care

Click the chat bot icon and type Billing Agent followed by Enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, you must cancel the old subscription before you can create a new one.

When does your current subscription expire?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows, as before, that the next payment date is 19/08/2019 (Under Payment Info) Annual Plan, Paid Monthly, with the Annual Plan, Paid Monthly 'annually renewing' each June (Under Plan Info).

I don't believe any of the documentation says that you need to cancel an existing plan first. It doesn't ask you to stop the existing subscription in the Adobe help or on the card I bought. When I put the code it recognised and had me logged in with my Adobe ID - The code now shows as having been redeemed but doesn't show on my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're in your 12 month of service which is good.  The redemption code you obtained from Amazon probably has to be processed before it's credited to your account.  Wait 24 hours.  If it's not showing on your plan tomorrow, contact customer care.

Contact Customer Care

Click the chat bot icon and type Billing Agent followed by Enter.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are, of course, correct that a little more patience would have resolved my issue. I have now received an email confirming the additional year and it also shows on my account.

My only comment for others in my situation would be a small message somewhere to say that the prepaid code was being processed, as this would have alleviated unnecessary worry.

Thank you for your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue. I submitted a redeem code from a retailer to extend my subscription. But no confirmation follows. And on my account page I'm still prompted to submit a redeem code. Why doesn't Adobe send a message confirming they're processing the code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pixel Paolo 

what did you see after submitting the code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My account page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you failed to see a messaging about the validity (or lack thereof) of the submitted code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I submitted the code, my account page turned up, with the same prompt that I should submit a code before a certain date. So the info was NOT updated yet. Not even now after 24 hrs, still not updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't think you successfully submitted your code.

use a different browser and resubmit.  what do you see after doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I submitted it for a second time, i got the message : "this code has already been used". So they have in fact received it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're actually implying here, that I should have gotten some sort of confirmation! Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, when you check your account do you see your subscription extended by the expected amount?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I've been telling all along, i was prompted to extend with a new code next month. So nothing was updated!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I wouldn't have a problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the original post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the op ib 2019, not that i remember.  your op, yes.

in any case, contact adobe support.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines