• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registration of CS6 Master Collection not possible in Adobe Account?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to the board! 🙂

I purchased a licence of Adobes Master Collection CS6. I activated the software with the offline activation (online is not possible what I heard, so should be fine) and I received the response code via Adobe Website, so serial should be genuine and the software is running.

I only recognized, that it is not possible to enter the registration form in my Adobe Account - I receive an error? It is in German, telling me "This serial is already in use".
2022-01-16_21h24_22.png
Does this mean the prior owner has forgotten to deactivate it - and that I have to request deactivation from him?

Or has this registration process already been shutdown because of the outdated version I have purchased, same like the online activation? 
Honestly I don't care very much about the registration in my Adobe Account, but on the other hand I want to verify that what I have paid for is valid. 😉

Thanks Christoph

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

To answer your question, Registration is not possible unless you and the previous owner submitted a Transfer of License form to Adobe. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

But that's a moot point now because CS6 is discontinued and unsupported.  You're using 10 year old software at your own risk.  It might work or it might not.  And when it stops working, Adobe Support can't help you.  Enjoy it while you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your question, Registration is not possible unless you and the previous owner submitted a Transfer of License form to Adobe. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

But that's a moot point now because CS6 is discontinued and unsupported.  You're using 10 year old software at your own risk.  It might work or it might not.  And when it stops working, Adobe Support can't help you.  Enjoy it while you can.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, but I see it from the other side: I will never ever exhaust CS6 - why trying something even bigger! 🙂

Thanks for the reply, so I leave it as it is. Glad it is working! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the official license transfer that Nancy mentioned you MAY someday have Adobe disable your activation so your software will stop working, since the software license is still legally owned by someone else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, will contact the seller tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines