Reinstall CS5 on Mac

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my OS to Sierra.  Things stopped working.  Adobe customer care instructed me to uninstall and reinstall my CS5.  Now i am unable to reinstall my CS5 onto my computer.  I am getting an error message after clicking on the installation saying "Install can't be opened. You should eject the disk image".  I click "Eject Disk Image", I still do not have CS% installed.  Please help!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Try the below steps and see if that helps and share the results:

• Mount the Disk Image file for the Creative Suite application.
  • Open the mounted DMG file.
  • Right-click Install.app and select Open Package Contents from the context menu.
  • Navigate to Contents > MacOS.
  • Drag the Unix executable to the Terminal. (Go to > Utilities to open the Terminal window.)
  • Press return to launch the installer.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ellien54675345,

Kindly refer to the below mentioned thread as a similar issue has been addressed there:

CS5 install on OS Sierra

Let us know if this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting closer to a solution but still isn't working for me.

Navigating to the terminal window still isn't letting me open the files on my mac. Have tried with CS5.5, AE, PH, etc. Apple support haven't been able to help me open the files either.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the below steps and see if that helps and share the results:

• Mount the Disk Image file for the Creative Suite application.
  • Open the mounted DMG file.
  • Right-click Install.app and select Open Package Contents from the context menu.
  • Navigate to Contents > MacOS.
  • Drag the Unix executable to the Terminal. (Go to > Utilities to open the Terminal window.)
  • Press return to launch the installer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is it! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, glad to know everything is up and running now .

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me too! (CS5.5)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed instructions from Bani Varma as below, starts to open & then crashes & I get the message - Adobe Application Manager quit unexpectedly. I've use CS5 on 17" Macbook pro/OS10.13.6 for some years but now only Photoshop opens.

Hope someone can help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this thread is 5 1/2 years old and things have changed, though it's (for now) still possible to activate cs5 on compatible os'es.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really have no idea how, I have:

I have downloaded from my Adobe Account the DesignStandard_CS5_5_LS1.dmg (ScreenShot 1).

I Cannot find a link to download Adobe Support Manager – everything seems to pitched at Creative Cloud

Any direction you can point me to will be much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines