• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reinstall Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer died. I am trying to reinstall Photoshop CS6 which I purchased and have the serial number. It does not show up on my list of items purchased. Where do I go to get it back????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Downloadable installation files available:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help! I was successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, i have a similar problem, i finally got to the point to download PS Cs 6, i have my serialnumber, but i can not install it, the folder is on my desctop, ( i just got my ac back from repair, and it is all wiped off, so i just try to reinstall everything new. Please, how can i get PS back installed please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why can't you reinstall ps cs6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can i please send you a screenshot? i have te folder on my desctop, i can click on it, i see a installer, but when i klick on it, it tells me: installer failed to initialize

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 2.51.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad, thank you so much for getting back to me, well, thats the point, i dont know why i can reinstall it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start at the top and work your way down applying applicable fixes until your problem is resolved.

if cc (win):  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-application-failed.html

if, your error is:

"Installer failed to initialize. File not found." or "Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to missing files."

first, rename OOBE Folder to OOBE.old.

to find OOBE:

64 bit win OS: Program Files x86\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

32 bit win OS: Program Files \Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

mac os: HD>library>application support>adobe>caps

mac os: USER>library>application support>adobe>OOB

if that fails or isn't the exact error you see, uninstall, clean (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html) and reinstall.

if you're using a dvd to install:

copy the disc contents to a desktop directory and install from that directory.

if you're using a mac:

1. Try to Create a new user account in Mac with Administrator Priviledges.

2. Login to the New user, Navigate to Mac HD> Application> Utilities> Adobe Installer folder, Locate products like Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash, Adobe Air and un-install them

3. Navigate to User Library> Application Support> Adobe and move Adobe to Trash.

4. Navigate to Mac HD> Library> Application Support> Adobe and move Adobe to Trash.

5. Start the installation again.

if everything applicable above fails, check your installation logs:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-using-logs-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, thank you, ok, i will do so:) i let you know what happend:) thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: I see that this was posted in 2016 and my question is exactly the same as the OP except it is the year 2022! All links to the solution are redirected to a new page so I'm guessing the one file I need is out of reach for me :(.  I have been using Photoshop CS6 without issues since 2012. Then I upgraded to Catalina (Mac OS) and all my 32bit apps stopped working. I managed to partition my drive and put the old OS on it, but I running the installer on the partition gives me an error about the installer missing a file.  if ANYONE can provide me a link to that missing file, I would be very grateful. Indy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Missing WHAT file?

I do not know how far back this process will go, but try this link
-NOTE that you will have to search the site for your specific download
Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions
-the prodesign links go directly to Adobe's file server, so this process will
--only work until Adobe completely removes the old version(s) from the server
IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number if you have a serial number program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I updated my running system from Lion to Mac OsSierra and that was successful. Now, I am trying to reinstall Photoshop CS6 but it gives me this message: "we've encountered the following issues: Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect problem." I clicked the link but I wan't able to find solution. Any leads or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right or Ctrl click on the installer and choose Open from the Context menu.

Does the installer work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook pro laptop. I tried but it didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, we will be using the Terminal method. Open Terminal.app (Spotlight will find it for you).

Right or Ctrll-click on the Installer.app and choose Show Package Contents, and Finder window will open up.

What you will do is open the Contents and inside, the MacOS folder. Drag that icon with the green "exec" lettering into the Terminal

Window.  It will create a command line version of the installer.

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 8.06.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It Worked!! thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read message 14 and follow that suggestion.

if that fails, even though your error doesn't appear related, How to Open Apps from “Unidentified Developers” on Your Mac and retry installing.

if you again see an initialize error follow the suggestions in message 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 had the "unsigned" problem, but CS6 should not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear.

Now you can have a Happy New Year!

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines